This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing directory

I have jsut installed Joomla 1.5 via Fantastico to a sub directory....

I would like to s**** my exisitng site www.mysite.com and use the Joomla as my main site. So basically I want to change my current index page to a new one created with Joomla

Do I have to delete all files relating to my exisitng site?

Hope this makes sense

Re: Changing directory

Yes. Then you will need to un-install the previous installation, and simply re-install it in your default public_html/ directory .... all from within the Fantastico Dashboard.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you.
      Problem I see here though is I cannot work on the Joomla part now if I have to unistall it after I have deleted the existing site.
      I still need to keep the existing site running until the Joomla one is ready to switch over!

Maybe the workaround is to finish the Joomla stuff.....delete all current files except www.mysite.com/index.html and then create a link from that page to www.mysite.com/joomla

That make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo little View Post
        Thank you.
        Problem I see here though is I cannot work on the Joomla part now if I have to unistall it after I have deleted the existing site.
        I still need to keep the existing site running until the Joomla one is ready to switch over!

Maybe the workaround is to finish the Joomla stuff.....delete all current files except www.mysite.com/index.html and then create a link from that page to www.mysite.com/joomla

That make sense?
        Whatever. Seems like duplication of effort to me, but however you figure it, you will need to delete the current Blue Voda pages from the directory before installing your CMS to the the public_html/ directory of your Primary Domain.
        As I said ... it seems as if you are still at the beginning stages of development, and unless you are capable of backing up your Database and Joomla site and manually transferring it to your Primary, you are simply duplicating things without reason (having to build the site over again) .... so, no, it really does not make sense.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X