web-hosting-facebook-twitter-and-your-website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web-hosting-facebook-twitter-and-your-website

I'm trying to follow your advice inserting Facebook and Twitter in my website. I started by signing me in Twitter. Them I went to their goodies and I put one of them in my index page. Until here, all OK
    In uploading to the web, its original designed size (6x6 mm) was reduced to only a point (maybe <1x1 mm). Of course, impossible to see that link to Twitter.
    You can watch that point at www.carlos-arano.com.ar below the letter C of the word Conductividad.
    What can I do? Could you help me?
    Thankyou
    carlosarano
    Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Re: web-hosting-facebook-twitter-and-your-website

The reason you're seeing the small block rather than an image is because it was a hosted image and the code was not properly added to your page rather than the preferred method using a properly imported image that was hyperlinked to your Twitter account. It is always better to control the images, links, and visitor interaction by creating your own hard-coded links with your own images rather than rely on a hosted link from a 3rd party source!
    But, if you want a hosted Twitter link, you'll find 25 pages of them here, supplied with accurate code (that you must paste into a HTML Box on your Blue Voda page) > http://www.social-icons.net/?page=1

To create your own Twitter link, for instance.....
    1. Right-Click on this image and save it to your computer, which you can then resize as needed >
    2. Insert/Import onto your Blue Voda page the image, place it where you want it, and then highlight it (by clicking on it once) and then Hyperlink it to your Twitter account (using this link: http://www.twitter.com/carlosarano1) and that way people will first go to your Twitter account to subscribe normally ...

If you want to use another image, simply do a Google search using the key words "free twitter icons" and save/select whichever one you wish.

You can see how even I am setting up my Social Links on a site I'm finishing here using the icons of my own choosing .... (not all are active, but the Facebook is I believe).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Dear Vasili:
      Thank you very much. Now, it works !!!
      I have another question, now for inserting Facebook. I already have a regular Facebook account. I don´t know what to do in order to change it by a a "Page for a celebrity, band or business" (a fans account (?)) as the General & Forum Administrator advices in "Why your business needs a Facebook fan page-Web Hosting".
      Regards,
      carlosarano
      Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

Simply visit this site, click on the Facebook link to get to the Facebook Business Page, and on that FB page at the lower left, you can click on the link "Create Business Page" of your own .... or if already Logged in, use this Facebook Link.

Comment

Vasili:
          Thank you very much.
          Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.
          Carlos
          Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

Vasili:
            I'm sorry. I have to return to you. I add to my page all the buttons by using AddThis, suggested by "7 Secrets........". As you will be able to check in my home page www.carlos-arano.com.ar they are there but they are not working properly.
            Also, in my BV designing page, after I add the "code" between <body> and </body> tags I am unable to watch the result on the screen and I am unable to add a link.
            Only I can see it after I save the page in the "preview" > "default browser" .
            Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

Keep in mind that by using the AddThis scripts you are prompting Visitors to "share" your site, not necessarily "Like" your pages as would be when you provided individual links to FB pages, Twitter accounts, etc. as I discussed above.

And, you will only be able to PREVIEW the propogation of these links via this script if you enable the Active X as prompted.

If you insist on using the script as you mention, follow these instructions:

A. Go back and delete any script you have pasted into HEAD, BODY, or anywhere else via PAGE PROPERTIES.

1. Be sure you have your entire script from AddThis copied/archivd/preserved as a separate Word document (or similar) so you will always have it handy should you need to repair your links or pages.
              2. When you have your page open in the Blue Voda workpane, click on the HTML icon (top-left on the workpane border) so it is inserted onto your page.
              3. Double-click on the HTML Box so it opens to the blank script area.
              4. Paste your entire script into the Box, making sure you have the entire script and all the elements of it properly copied (so it will function).
              5. Since you have chosen the 32x32 pixel size of the AddThis icons, you can re-size your HTML box to 32 pixels tall according to the X-Y Axis and element size tools at the lowest-right of the BV Workpane (remember, the position and size of any element will only show after the element has been highlighted = clicked on once).
              6. You can guesstimate the width of your buttons and re-size your HTML box to fairly represent the approximate overall dimensions that will display, and THEN re-position the HTML box accordingly, to wherever you want it to be. You can use PREVIEW to "proof" your positioning.
              7. Once the script has been properly pasted into the box (in PREVIEW it will either function or not after you allow ActiveX, showing you that you either did copy it properly or not) and it has been positioned correctly, then SAVE the page and proceed to PUBLISH it.
              8. Click the COPY icon at the top of the BV Workpane, and then the PASTE icon next to it to perfectly copy and position the HTML Box from page to page .... if you COPY and PASTE manually, you will need to record the exact position as seen in the X-Y Axis tool to position page-to-page properly.

Remember! If you manually insert each icon onto your BV page and individually hyperlink them to the corresponding page/account, you are providing more of an engagement for your Visitors (since they can see your page and either 'Like" or 'Join') than simply to "Share" this particular web page with friends via whichever icon they select. Think carefully which is best for you.

Comment

Well, thank you very much. I believe I solved the problem.
                Best wishes to you. Have a good year.
                Carlos-Arano.com.ar

Comment

Working...
                X