• Can I fully customize this template?

Hi people! I would like to know that if I a purchase a template that says,

SOFTWARE REQUIRED:
    For uncompressing a template ZIP package:
    WinZip 9+ (Windows);
    Stuffit Expander 10+ (Mac);
    Adobe Photoshop CS+;
    Adobe Dreamweaver 8+ (or Microsoft Expression Web);

,would I need all this to customize it? I want to change quite a few things including adding google adsense to it and changing the menu bar with team logos.

I know I can make a professional looking site on my own, this would be my second site. The main reason I'm thinking of purchasing this template is because visitors would be able to leave comments on the articles. My site would mainly be a blog but I don't want to use wordpress because I could never make it look exactly like my main page.

Here is the link to the template I'm interested in:
    http://osc4.template-help.com/wt_29603/index.html#

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Can I fully customize this template?

Customizing a template of any sort is not something for the uninitiated or the faint of heart, and requires not only software titles such as Photoshop and Dreamweaver as a minimum, but the expertise to use them as well.

That is exactly why on the Details page there is prominent link to get a quote for customization from the Provider directly (not cheap!) and why there are a lot of freelancers out there specializing in such jobs ... before spending a dime on a template or help, follow the suggestion to download a sample template to mess around with first, just to see if you are up to it. You will better be able to decide your next step doing so, rather than post in a Forum as you did.

BTW: If you look carefully enough, you are likely to find a matching template for Wordpress as is this Javascript website template, which would then logically steer you to purchasing that theme and defaulting to WP altogether (which in WP ver. 3.0+ is incredibly easy to customize, and even has a Template Editor built in).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks but I got a little impatient and started building my website on my own. I found a comment box html that I'm planning on using. I hope it works.

Comment

Whatever!
        You've been working on a website for about a year now, so it's good you have found something to move you forward!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X