This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help creating email link?

Greetings everyone. I have read many threads hoping to find an answer to my problem, and since I could not find one I suppose I'll ask. I already have my emails setup correctly and I know it works; however, I want to setup my website, so that when a perspective client clicks on the email address on my site, it automatically opens a box for Outlook Express, thus allowing the person to contact me via email. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about (I hope). If not I guess I'll try to explain it differently. Either way, thanks in advance for the help and tips too.
    Mike
    www.suzannemichaelcatering.com

Re: Help creating email link?

smcatering-
    If I were you- I would set up that button so it directs them to a form on your site. That form, when submitted, will send to your e-mail all the information from that form. It's called a php mailto form. It is very easy to set up. This eliminates the need for any e-mail program to be opened up. What happens if someone who wishes to e-mail a query to you does not use or have outlook.

Spend a little time and give it a try. Start here;
    http://netisopen.com/computer/TF001/T001.html

Let us know how it works or if you need more help- simply post back.

Click here to see my form- fill it out and see how it works.
    http://netisopen.com/contactkeith.html

and here is another example I am working on for a friends Realestate business;
    http://homesandlandrealestateonline....contactus.html
    **Dont fill this one out though or he'll get confused

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS THIS youremail@yoursite.com/ then highligth this and click on the sybol link as if you were going to link to a page chage the http to mailto: and ready any questions jose.hernandez@thehartford.com or josehernandez@loschicosbanda.com
      www.loschicosbanda.com

Comment

Thank you so much. I knew there had to be an easy solution.
        Mike
        www.suzannemichaelcatering.com

Comment

Many thanks jose0313,

I just hoped there'd be an easy solution!

MaryH

http://www.huntertheatrearts.co.uk

Comment

I'm doing what is suggested here, I highlight the text that is my email address, click on the "link" icon on the top of bluevoda, change it to "mailto:" type in my site email addy, but when I preview the page and click on the email link I get a page asking for a password saying that it's a secure site... is this normal or did I do something wrong? I don't want to upload the page untill it actually works hehe

Comment

Ok, I think I am being completely thick here!!!!

I am looking at the first link that Andy128 put up.

I am a little confused as to where I am typing all this information. Do I have to have a Bluevoda account before I can do this.

I have been sitting here for nearly an hour and about to bang my head on the desk!!!!!

Please can someone advise me!!
              kp

www.pooleyenterprises.com

Comment

kp123-
                Yes you must have a BV account. Most of what we discuss here pertains to the BV web-site bulider program that is free from BV. However- it only works with a VodaHost account.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thank you - I will get the account set up today!!
                  kp

Comment

Ok, I am now set up with an account.

So, the php info that you were talking about, where do I type that information?

Thanks for your help.
                    kp

Comment

If you are talking about a form, then have a look at the text in BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1

After that, visit Andy's site (the link is in his signature) to see how you can make your script safer.
                      Navaldesign
                      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Now it makes sense - I had only watched the tutorial and did not read below.

Thank you!
                        kp

Comment

Andy,
                          what a brilliant tutorial. It's a lot easier than it first looks....now I'm going to have a look at the secure forms bit!
                          Thanks
                          Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com

Comment

Thank you Helga! Glad it was of some help to you. I have had a lot of help from many people here putting it together.

Andy
                            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi

I do not understand how to get this to work at all. I have a simple one page site to gather mortgage leads. I have a form on it and in the properties I have put mailto. my hotmail address. It just does not work, the information is not transferred to the form and it does not even say send! I cannot get my head around it at all! I am losing business with every second I cant get it to work!

Comment

Working...
                              X