Form searching database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form searching database

Ok, I am fairly new to this but have done a lot of reading and searching of the forums, but am not sure if Blue Voda can do what I require.

I have information for all the countries of the world which I want to enter in a database and then be able to have people 'pull' certain information based on what they select from a dropbox menu. I know how to make a form, etc but have no idea with a database and what I should be creating the database in and how to link the form to it.

If Blue Voda can not do this, that is ok I will go elsewhere, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Form searching database

Neither BV or any other web builder can do this for you.
    It requirse extensive PHP / MySQL programming as well as (at least) some basic knowledge of Database structure planning and procedural planning.

There are some code generators on the net that will allow code creation, if you have at least logically planned the database so you have clear your ideas on how / what you should do. Some are free and some (the good ones) expensive.

If this is a one time task (meaning that you don't need to amend it in time) I suggest that you also have a look for a freelancer that can build it for you. If not very complicated, it might be cheaper than what you might think.

A freelancer can also do it so that the visuals are created with BV so you can at least have the rest of the site (not the "dynamic" pages) managed by you using BlueVoda.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Form searching database

Thanks for response. It seems a bit more complicated than I originally thought out but might have to investigate getting some proffessional help in the website build if it is something I really want to go ahead with it.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
      X