Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is my website structured well enough?

Hi,

I'm trying to get my head around creating content specific website with hope of gaining some grasp on affiliate marketing and maybe earning a decent income out of it.

This is my first attempt www.treatstiffmuscles.com. Can anyone give me any advice on how to improve it further?

I haven't started any effort in promoting my website. I've been advised to start promoting by blogging on various blogging networks. But i'm a bit confused whether I should try to blog about/drive traffic to each product's page i'm trying to promote or to the homepage.

Is my homepage obvious enough about the products i'm promoting?

I'm a complete newbie so pardon me if i'm using the wrong terms here.

Re: is my website structured well enough?

I think your homepage is clear enough. It refers to the problem and the navigation leads visitors to look at what you are offering in terms of products. Blogging or article writing is a good way to drive traffic to your site. http://ezinearticles.com/ is a free article submission website that has good results but make sure you read their guidelines before writing an article or a series of articles.

On thing there was a problem with was opening your site in Firefox. I kept getting unresponsive script notices which stopped the site loading, about 6 in all I think. When i opted to stop the script (s) the pages loaded ok but as Firefox is an increasingly used internet explorer it would be worth your while to check out what is causing this problem.
    Regards

Adrian
    www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Re: is my website structured well enough?

Hi, few things to look at on most of your pages.
      1. Many keywords (Far too many) do not relate to content within the pages text or image names/alt text.

2.Re-name you pages to have a meaning about your site. So instead of “Recommendations” call the page something like “Muscle relaxant recommendations”. “Recommendations” can relate to any site.

3.Name your image correctly with a good alt text as the SE’s also find your site using these names.
      IE: Naming an image “mgcl3.jpg” means nothing to an SE. But “Magnesium oil.jpg” will. This is the same on most of your images.

4. Not sure on the rules these days with having Google adds & Amazon adds on the same page. Google didn’t used to allow it, & if this is still so, you will get banned from Google adds. But you can have both on the same site.

5.Would get rid of the email link on your contact page & use a form to help with spammers not getting hold of your address.

6. Some of your site pages are locking up in my Firefox as well. Especially when recommendations is clicked on.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
      X