Linking an mp3 again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking an mp3 again

Hi everybody. Sorry for the second post, but the original thread got closed before I had a chance to reply.

Collectors-info, you said Naval had a suggestion for using an iframe to do this. I liked the way his site was set up for this purpose. How do I do it? or where is the thread that tells me how to set this up?

I tried searching, but could not find it.

Thanks!

Re: Linking an mp3 again

Hi, its just a case of making a page up for each track like this one of navals. http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/music2.html
    Then place an iframe on your main music page & name the iframe (lets say) f1.
    Now place some text on your page "track 1" hi-light it & give it the url of your page with track 1 on it. Whilst placing the link to the text, also type in manually f1 into the target field. Doing this, is asking the link to open in the iframe.
    This will only work in preview if you published all your music pages.
    Good luck. (Ps, wasn't me that closed the last thread :))
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

That worked like a charm!

Any idea how to put the text and the player controls in the same frame so the frame will have the name of the track in it (just like Naval's)? I tried to just put some text on the page with the track on it and position it close to the player. What I ended up with in the iFrame was the text, then had to scroll down to the player controls with a black box ( I assume that's where video would play). I noticed Naval's site had a design to it too.

Thanks!!!

Comment

You need to place the text & controls up in the top left hand corner of the pages with the music on & don't centre the page. So it looks like navals page on the last link. http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/music2.html
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you so much!!! That is exactly what I needed!

Comment

No problem! Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X