Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightbox publishing 'larger' pictures than intended

Hello,

When I republished the first two pages of my website the pictures in lightbox appearing on the pages are now larger and of different proportions than previously. The website is www.secondhandbookshed.com You can see an example of the problem on the opening page. If you check a later page eg page 6 you will see how it should be and was previously. I havent changed any settings recently to trigger the change as far as I am aware. I did recently download the latest copy of blue voda over my previous copy, and the upload of these pages was the first attempted. I havent been able to discover the setting that needs to be changed - any advice on this is greatly appreciated.

Jack.

Re: Lightbox publishing 'larger' pictures than intended

Interesting that no one has responded to this question. I'm having the same problem as you will see at http://humnew.com/kitchen.html

Can any one out there give Jack and me a hand with this?
    Thanks!
    HumBird
    www.Humnew.com

Comment

If you set the thumbnail size to "variable" you can resize the lightbox directly in the BV page to give it the desired dimensions.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval! That worked.
        HumBird
        www.Humnew.com

Comment

By selecting 'variable' I can manually resize the entire lightbox, however the individual picture frames remain square instead of rectangular. Have I missed something?

Comment

Not sure what you mean. Where can we see a page with this issue ?
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Jack
              I used to think I wanted the thumbnails to be in proportion to the larger photo (variable), as I think you are envisioning, but it made the set up look wonky to have some vertical and some horizontal, so I went with the square thumbs. (160x160). What Naval just told us is it's possible to fix missized thumbs by changing the proportion of the entire lightbox frame.

Originally posted by Jack the bookseller View Post
              By selecting 'variable' I can manually resize the entire lightbox, however the individual picture frames remain square instead of rectangular. Have I missed something?
              HumBird
              www.Humnew.com

Comment

Hi Humbird,

Thanks for your help. I will play around with it when I get some time on the weekend.

Jack.

Comment

Hi Naval, If you go to www.secondhandbookshed.com you will see the 'square' thumbnails. If you compare that with http://www.secondhandbookshed.com/showbizpg1.html you will see the format I want - with rectangular thumbnails. The change in format only occurred with the first example when I uploaded it directly after downloaded the latest copy of BlueVoda over the earlier version I had previously published that page on.

Comment

Not sure what you mean.
                    Depending on the relationship between width / height of the photogallery and the number of rows / columns, the allocated space for each thumbnail might result square or rectangular portrait or rectangular landscape. However, this is only the "allocated2 space. The actual look of the thumbnail depends on the original images, as the thumbnails are generated with the same aspect ratio of the original image.

UNLESS you have unchecked, accidentaly, the "Maintain Aspect Ratio" checkbox, in which case thumbs are distorted to fill in the entire allocated space and in that case they might result "square" instead of rectangular.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

I found the answer in the community forum. I had named the pictures with a space - eg book 1 instead of book_1. Leaving a space apparently causes additional information to be added when the page is uploaded, causing the problem. It didnt seem to cause a problem with the older version of Blue Voda I had loaded - but with the newer one it did.

Comment

Working...
                      X