X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

Hey Guys,

Kinda new to new, using forms and sql..

So using ABFP, you create your contactForm.bvp page up on the server. Fair enough, no problem with that.

My question is can you then copy contactForm.bvp from your server down onto your local computer and play about the design, color scheme ...etc.. of the form to make it look nicer.

I assume playing about with any of the functionality willl screw things up?

Thanks,
    macman

Re: Question about Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

Actually I don't understand the question.

ABVFP does NOT create any form.
    You create the form with BlueVoda, and set the form properties, field naming etc as per ABVFP manual.
    You then PUBLISH the form page on the server.

ABVFP only comes into scene when the form is SUBMITTED by a visitor (or you)

The form is entirely built on your desktop, so you can create it as you like right from the start.

The .bvp pages included in the zip are just for your convenience. You can open them in BV and modify them as required or you can use a form of your own. Please refer to the manual.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hey NavalDesign,

Apologies about that. Got carried away that I missed the first 2 instructions, just saw the third where it says about extracting to the server, sorry about that.

I have another question though

This is probably not possible but with ABVFP but I wanted to be able to create an online entry form for a horse show I'm putting on.

Putting the usual, name, address, email,telephone...etc.....is straight - forward, however I wanted to have another line, consisting of

Class(textbox) Horse Name(textbox)........

however most people will want to enter multiple classes or have a few horses.

I don't suppose it's possible to be able to have the line above, then a button below it that allows them to add another line (dynamically), consisting of the same 2 textboxes.

I assume thats behond this software. If thats the case, I'll just have to create 10-15 lines of these lines statcially

etc.....

thanks for the help
      macman

Comment

As I said, ABVFP goes into scene AFTER the form is submitted.

To create a form that dynamically ads fields when a user clicks on a "Add another" button, you need to use Javascript. Please note that this is not an easy task, as the BV generated elements in the page are static, and to do what you want you will probably need to handcode the entire form.

Once submitted ABVFP can take care of the data.

However, yours is a rather unusual approach. Such websites are created using dedicated scripts and then the listings posted should appear also in a "list" on the website automatically (or after a fee payment, always automatically).
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hey NavalDesign,

thanks for the info, I knew I was getting way ahead of myself. I've decided for this year just to create then a simple form..with first/last name...address...telephone number...etc...and an upload button....submit button, and save it into the database.

I'll give them a microsoft word doc to download and add there entries into. Then they can use the upload button for the doc. Once I receive it my end, we'll use our business paypal account to send them an email with the amount of payment required.

Next year,

Comment

Working...
          X