''Index of"' appears in Google browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ''Index of"' appears in Google browser

I have created all my web pages for www.yourbestdiamondrings.com and published them.Since the site was published, I wanted to check it out and opened Google browser and as search result I got not the name of my website www.yourbestdiamondrings.com but "Index of" or more precisely this below:
    1. Index of

... (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at yourbestdiamondrings.com Port 80.
      yourbestdiamondrings.com/ - Cached

I searched in the forum and somewhere read that this happens because my web pages are not named well. But all my pages are named well (please see as proof the names below).Here I typed all the pages with .bvp file extension but when published, they get .html extension.

index.bvp
    free_personal_jewelry_shopper.bvp
    diamond_buying_guide.bvp
    diamond_cut.bvp
    diamond_clarity.bvp
    diamond_color.bvp
    diamond_carat.bvp
    diamond_engagement_rings.bvp
    diamond_ring_settings.bvp
    solitaire_diamond_ring_settings.bvp
    diamond_ring_settings_with_side_stones.bvp
    three_stone_diamond_ring_settings.bvp
    loose_diamonds.bvp
    diamond_care_and_maintenance.bvp
    contact.bvp

So I guess it is not the naming of the pages that is causing www.yourbestdiamondrings.com in the browser to appear as "Index of".
    When you click on "Index of" in Google browser, the homepage opens and everything functions normally on the website. On Yahoo it doesn't even appear, so I guess it's not listed yet.

Can somebody please explain to me since I'm newbie, what are the reasons of this "Index of" to appear in google? Is it because my site is new and it takes time to get indexed on search engines or I do something wrong? This is ongoing issue for 2 weeks now. I also have on my homepage charts of prices of gold from NYSE so how the market changes, they get updated. Maybe this has something to do with it since it updates every day or else, I really don't know.

I apologize for the very long post but I wanted to explain well. I appreciate your answers a lot.

Thanks,
    Marina

Re: ''Index of"' appears in Google browser

....just clicked on the link you posted & works just fine!!?? All links to other pages too....
    nice site, btw...
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Re: ''Index of"' appears in Google browser

Thank you Ahimsa very much.
      I'm glad you like the site.
      This means a lot to newbie like me

Comment

Working...
      X