Free Domain ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Domain ?

Hopefully just a quick simple one ? When I created my account, I decided to transfer in an existing domain from another host, but now I've been told I can't transfer this for 60 days. Do I still qualify to get a free domain name with VodaHost so I can start using that one straight away until i can transfer in my other domain ? If so, how do I go about getting my free domain registration ?

Many thanks in advance

Re: Free Domain ?

Did you buy your hosting site yet? I went through this also but forgot about the free domain. If you haven't bought yet, you can get a free domain.
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Thanks for your help. I may sound a bit daft as all this is new to me, but what do you mean about buying my hosting site ? Ive bought one years hosting upfront, and the domain name I wanted to use comes up when i log into control panel, but I cant transfer this for 60 days. Do i have to buy something else ? I just thought there may be a simple button on the control panel to resister for your free domain name if you did'nt specify one when creating your hosting package. Im I completly off track ? Thanks for your help

Comment

The only way to get the free domain name is by entering it when you sign up at vodahost

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

i had the same problem when i purchased a 1 year subscription and i had to change the server settings in the domain registry myself to the server name from vodahost or ring the people who hold your old domain name and they should change it for you then when the sixty days is up post a note to vodahost telling them to transfer your damoin to them and they will do it for you no charge but as was already said i think you have to of told voda the domain name you wish to use first when signing up?
          The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
          Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Please let's not get confused:
            1. You can only have the free domain name if you ask for it at the monent of signingup. If you didn't you are not entitled any more to a free domain name.
            2. It is true that most registrars will not allow transfer before 60 days have passed since the registration. However, you can POINT your nameservers to your Vodahost account at any moment, there is no 60 days rule for pointing.
            3. Yes, Vodahost will transfer your domainname to them after the 60 days, if you wish so and submit a support ticket asking them to do so. However, it is not free of charge. If i recall well, there is a $8.14 charge.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Also included in the transfer fee is a one year domain extension.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X