This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bold Text Issues

Hey guys ...could really use your help ;) ....have designed a page in BV and it looks good (as in Text correct size) but when i upload it text is bolded in many places ...and in others its not ....page is at www.stopslicingnow.com its not a finished page so there are unfinished bits but im extremely frustrated with this text issue ..... any suggestions?...wondering if maybe i have a tags issue or something...thx jack ps...if i delete a text box and retype it and upload it again i get the same issue ;(

Re: Bold Text Issues ;)

Hello,

I am having the same issue too. I am wondering if it is because my text is inside a shaped box? It does not matter if I change the text in the page properties or highlight text and change it there or change it in styles..

The text always seems to default to arial and the text is bold..
    I have tested and tried Veranda font on a few pages, and even though the html says Veranda on the pages I tested, it is not Veranda unbolded fonts as changed to.

I dont care for the dark bolded fonts.. and some places, it is not a dark bolded font like previous posting.

Is there a way to make a global change to make every page the same font besides styles or page properites that do not work??

Thanks, here is the site built in BV that I am still working on.. Not complete..

www.SelfDefenseProductsFlorida.com

Comment

Re: Bold Text Issues

Originally posted by Golfswinger View Post
      Hey guys ...could really use your help ;) ....have designed a page in BV and it looks good (as in Text correct size) but when i upload it text is bolded in many places ...and in others its not ....page is at www.stopslicingnow.com its not a finished page so there are unfinished bits but im extremely frustrated with this text issue ..... any suggestions?...wondering if maybe i have a tags issue or something...thx jack ps...if i delete a text box and retype it and upload it again i get the same issue ;(
      Please point out where exactly on the page is the issue, we need to know the exact problem, not just a generalization..

Thank you in advance.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.....in fact the best way for me to show you the problem would be for me to send you a screen capture of BV with my page before its uploaded and then to compare it against whats online.....BV is bolding almost every word i upload.....is there an email address i could send a pic to you for you to better compare (its ready to send to you right now ;)...thx jack

Comment

Most all of my pages have the bold text issue..

This page has a mixture of bold and normal font, http://www.selfdefenseproductsflorid...per-Spray.html

I like the top products that are NOT in bold text, but look at the last 2 products in bold text. I do not like this. Most pages are like this and cannot seem to be changed fontwise...

Thanks, Cindy

Comment

Hey just found a work around i think....click on text box...then right click and then you can publish the text as an image (gif) ....just tried it and it worked like a charm....not sure this is the right way to go about it though ;) j

...also this would probably not work for text you wanted to attach a working link to...

Comment

Originally posted by Golfswinger View Post
              Hey just found a work around i think....click on text box...then right click and then you can publish the text as an image (gif) ....just tried it and it worked like a charm....not sure this is the right way to go about it though ;) j

...also this would probably not work for text you wanted to attach a working link to...
              -------------------------------------------------------

Hi... I wouldnt want to convert it to a gif or jpeg file, this will hurt your SEO as the serps cannot read images (unless you are adding an alt tag)..

Any other opinions??

Cindy

Comment

Youre probably right Cindy....but im used to doing alot of other things for SEO anyway and this page is a sales page that affiliates will drive traffic to anyway...lets see what VH has to say about our issue ....thx jack....also I dont have to send VH a picture to "see" whats going on....if you look at my sales page at www.stopslicingnow.com you can see i changed the first paragraph to an image of exactly what i see in BV as im designing it ...when i upload it i get the bolded look below the gifs ...

Comment

Hey guys ....just doing some editing on my page and looked at the point size on the page .....im composing the text in georgia 12pt and thats what it looks like on the page in BV BUT when you left click on a written text box and then right click on it to access and see what the text box looks like in html it says that the text is in 16 pt font ?....and thats why the text looks bold or bigger when its published ...now why is there a discrepancy and how do we fix this ?...thx jack

Comment

Thats what I was saying in one of my posts. The html says differently than what the font really is..

Vodahost folks, please view my page source for that pepper spray page link I gave you in this thread and look at font online and you will see what I mean..

Can you Voda folks help us??

Thanks,

Cindy

Comment

So no answer at all?....

Comment

Im not hearing back from anyone either.

Comment

This is a strong reason to not use Blue Voda....you submit a request to support and they refer you to here....obviously if your requiring support its an important issue that you need solved right away....here they refer you to an infinite forum that seems to be ignored ....hence my surprise but delight that i got an enquiry from the powers that be on the 21st ....here it is the 25th ...four days later and not a peep....now what does that say ...and why rely on that kind of service for business... hmmm ???

Comment

Bold Text Issues-Did Support FORGET about us??

Hey Golfswinger..

So you did actually put in a support ticket and they referred you to this forum?

I placed a support ticket for a different issue last Friday and marked it as urgent. I am hoping to hear back from them soon.

These issues impact our business/sales.

I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt that this 'got lost' and add in title 'did support forget about us'..

This is a shame because I love bluevoda software. I hope they can handle support request for Bluevoda and Hosting issues.

Comment

Yes I did submit a support ticket and was referred to here...not that that helps with anything...and ive been with VH for six years for some reason ???

Comment

Working...
                              X