Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• password protect

Hi

I would like to password protect a section of my website.

I want to make it so that each member has their own section where they can modify their own profile etc.

I understand that I need to password protect a sub directory but I cant find how to create one.

I want to have a lot of members with each having their seperate user name and passwords, can I set this up so that it will work automaticly.

I think I may be asking alot here, but if anyone can help with anything it is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: password protect

stakeho,

Watch both of the following and you should be all set.

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/cpa..._subdomain.htm

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/cpa...pdirectory.htm

Post back if any problems or questions.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I am also trying to password protect a section of my site. I know how to password protect a directory and create a sub-domain. What I don't know is how to incorporate this into my site.

How do I link a registration form to store info in a database and have the database automatically update my user accounts? Or do I have to do this manually?

I've looked around for the answer to this question for weeks with no luck, and now I petition you. This may may be elementary for some, but I'm sure a lot of beginning web designers could benefit from this info.

Any info at all would greatly be appreciated.

Comment

Orion Steel,
        What you are asking really needs to be addressed in the forms section. I suggest you post it there.

You will have to set up a database in MySQL and then have to create a form that uses php code to send that info to the database.

You will find what you are looking for in the forms section.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thank you for your quick response Andy!

Sorry for posting in the wrong section.

The info you gave me is a good place to get started and I'll check out the forms section.

Thanks Again!

Comment

Working...
          X