X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 problems concerning page layout & design

Hi there.
    I have 3 urgent questions please.

1. What is the standard page width to use so that it is nicely centred on all computers, so that you don't have to use scroll bar to see the whole page.

2. When you open a page, the sentence must scroll onto the page and then stay there. Can you also then link this sentence to another page? I'm using the Marquee property at the moment, but not the effect I'm looking for.

3. I want an one image to show with a subtitle. If you click on it, there is actually a couple of images you can click 'next' or 'back' to see it. I'm using the Lightbox at the moment, but it shows all the pics on the page, and I only want to see the first one.

Re: 3 problems concerning page layout & design

1. 960 is the current maximum page width for universal viewability according to W3C standards (based on the 16 pixel configuration of monitor resolution and HTML bit processing, as 960 evenly = 60 x 16). It will be some time yet before 1024 is adopted, espcially since the push is focused on devices and their ability to view standard formats (flash, animations, dynamic navigation, etc.) as they strive to evolve past the need for MOBI sites.

2. You can simply use a scroller of your choice (each with different effects), most of which offer hyperlinks included in text and/or images added to the scroller. Find one here > http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/index.html

3. Also at Dynamic Drive is their new translucent slideshow you can tweak to present as you prefer > http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ucentslide.htm
    It's a lot less hassle and not as bothersome as some of the other "free" or inexpensive slideshows out there which all have advertising or pitches attached ...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanx so much!

Comment

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X