Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

<h> tags and publishing for different users.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <h> tags and publishing for different users.

Recently I began using <h> tags. The process involved me adding <h> tags through the html of a text box that contained only a header phrase and creating a new text box for the paragraph next in sequence. The problem I've noticed is some user's that view my page report seeing text overlapping. Apparently their computers increase the font size making paragraphs longer. The problem is this, the text boxes don't adjust themselves to cope with this change and neither do the paragraphs. So, now I have text overlapping text and text overlapping images.

My temp and non-satisfactory solution so far was to add additional space between each text box. This solution allows for the font change preventing overlapping however the overall look is not professional and thus not acceptable.

I would like to limit the amount of text boxes I use to one or two when used on top of each other. In order to achieve I want to know two things.

1.) How can I change the font specifics of headers 1 through 6 in BlueVoda so a simple "right click -> style/header4" will give me the font I want every time. Is there a file I can open with a text editor or is there some other way that results in efficient <h> tagging.

2.) Has someone noticed this problem and found a solution that I can incorporate into my site development process?

Re: &lt;h&gt; tags and publishing for different users.

It pays to first select a web-safe font that will display across all browsers and User platforms to prevent the substitution and changing of formatting. The top 3 fonts for universal web viewability (and especially SE recognition/processing) are Arial, Tahoma, and Times Roman.

The remainder of your issue has been discussed in depth, and the solution is to manually create H-META using the methods presented in this thread >
    SEO TIP: Proper H-Meta Development & Techniques
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X