Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue voda host help on new website info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue voda host help on new website info.

i have just purchased a new add-on name to my main acccount to put a (script) onto it that i also have just purchased ...

but they said that i need this information about( MySQL ) ....They said for me to get in contact with my (web Hosting service) for it to work Properly ....please do help:

1.) QUESTION: Blue voda i need for you all to give me this info. so that i can do the installation of my script threw the MySQL ............(( In my script file i will need to Update & replace all the details To Match my MySQL server)) , so that the script will work
    2.) and i will need to know how to put /add script to MySQL
    3.) And how to create and setup a separate database just for this script...........................

Last edited by VodaHost; 04-08-2006, 05:04 PM.

Re: Blue voda host help on new website info.

moved to mysql forum

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

1) Click the below to learn how t create a database

2) Im positive your script came with installation instructions.

If you want we can install it for you for US$50, let us know.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have looked at the video of installing a database but I am not having a database on my site. I am trying to use a software program for linking and they have asked for the following:-
        FTP Server
        FTP User
        FTP Password
        mySQL Host
        mySQL Username
        mySQL Password

On my confirmation email with my login information I can find the first three about FTP but I cannot locate the mySQL info. If I don't have a database do they still need this info or is it just standard info that comes whether you add a database or not. Could you please tell me where that info is exactly.
        Thanks

Comment

If the script you want to use requires a database, you have to create it through your CP. Read post #3 on this same thread to find the tutorial on creating a database. Host will be "localhost", mySQL Username and Password will be the ones that you will set during the creation of the database.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
            If the script you want to use requires a database, you have to create it through your CP................Host will be "localhost", mySQL Username and Password will be the ones that you will set during the creation of the database.
            I'm sorry but I'm very new to web sites and I don't understand your answer.
            I understand "mySQL Host" will be "localhost". So I have to create a database even though I don't need one for my site so that I can get this info to give to this company that runs the linking software? Sorry to sound so confused.

mySQL Username
            mySQL Password

Comment

Yes it is, because now you need the a database for the script
              http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/cpa...skin_mysql.htm
              Nyoman

Comment

I can't see why they require for the database info if your script doesn't require one. The only logical conclusion, is that, as Nyoman said, YOUR SCRIPT REQUIRES A MYSQL DATABASE, and the script vendor is asking the connection details
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X