X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W3-Validation Errors From Lightbox And Other Errors

Hello, Can someone help me?

My homepage has 75 errors and 5 warnings, see copy and paste below of a sample from W3 Validator. I tried to fix the errors myself as I was told it was from html that I had added, but I cannot see where it is from anything that I have physically coded. I checked all of my html boxes on this page that I added (only 4 or 5) and cannot find these errors in html that I have added.

I can see there are errors from what appears to be from Blue Voda sitebuilder that were added, such as the lightbox below.

Could it be that some of these errors may be the cause of our site losing google keyword postions on google search? Since moving to Vodahost on 2/19/2011 we have lost all keyword postion/rankings that were on pages 1-3 of googles search engine... We are losing sales big time. This is a problem that I must figure out. I have been 'pulling my hair out' trying to figure this out.. Thanks for any and all help!... Cindy

Validation Output: 76 Errors
    1. Line 29, Column 75: NET-enabling start-tag requires SHORTTAG YES <link rel="stylesheet" href="lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
      The sequence <FOO /> can be interpreted in at least two different ways, depending on the DOCTYPE of the document. For HTML 4.01 Strict, the '/' terminates the tag <FOO (with an implied '>'). However, since many browsers don't interpret it this way, even in the presence of an HTML 4.01 Strict DOCTYPE, it is best to avoid it completely in pure HTML documents and reserve its use solely for those written in XHTML.
    2. Line 71, Column 23: document type does not allow element "STYLE" here <style type="text/css">
      The element named above was found in a context where it is not allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements -- such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside "head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).
      One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's "self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head" section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and "meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error).
    3. Line 74, Column 7: end tag for element "HEAD" which is not open </head>
      The Validator found an end tag for the above element, but that element is not currently open. This is often caused by a leftover end tag from an element that was removed during editing, or by an implicitly closed element (if you have an error related to an element being used where it is not allowed, this is almost certainly the case). In the latter case this error will disappear as soon as you fix the original problem.
      If this error occurred in a script section of your document, you should probably read this FAQ entry.
    4. Line 75, Column 300: document type does not allow element "BODY" here …t-color:#FFFFFF;scrollbar-shadow-color:#A0A0A0;scrollbar-track-color:#C8C8C8;">
      The element named above was found in a context where it is not allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements -- such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside "head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).
      One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's "self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head" section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and "meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error).
    5. Line 92, Column 4: document type does not allow element "TR" here <tr>

Re: W3-Validation Errors From Lightbox And Other Errors

wouldn't worry to much, it would be very difficult to have a wysiwyg program without some glitches.
    But! try entering something from the professionals like www.walmart.com & see how many W3 problems they have on their opening page. (275)
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

First of all, you have re-arranged the META in your page file improperly attempting to tweak your standings artificially, which Google has flagged as Black Hat SEO Methods --- it has nothing to do with using Blue Voda whatsoever.You have spent a lot of time posting your efforts in this mis-directed venture rather than working on researching current values for Keywords and phrases that should have been updated on your pages.
      * Adding AdSense is not the dynamic element for SEO and site compliance you think it is, and may or may not even detract from solid metric values being attributed to your site, especially with the changes as of July 2010 and the fact your Blue Voda website is not a WordPress or CMS platform.

Secondly, you have not properly implemented H-META Tags on your website, which severely hinders proper metric development -- it is not the fault of where you have hosted, but WHAT you have posted.

Third, the "errors" being pointed out are image related, specifically regarding the necessary code for Lightbox and for your site in general to properly render PNG images and image treatments (shadows, anti-alias definitions, etc.) in IE and the coding in Blue Voda compensates for this anomoly. There is nothing that can be done to remove the errors by removing the code that will not render your site less than viewable by the majority of browsers.
      See more in this thread > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sea...ight=validator

Ever hear the expression "Swallow a camel but strain on a gnat"?? That is pretty much what you are doing by playing with W3C validation ..... the whole idea of W3C is to provide a universiality of code on the internet via the evolution of code and formatting (specifically XMTL) and NOT about "proofing" websites or their SERP! You should actually visit the site and read what it is all about before playing with whatever tools are accessible!

Pay more attention to basic SEO methods and the proper implementation of them to produce the predictable results you desire so!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili,

I have not added ADSENSE... what do you mean??

Your posting is rather rude. I do not know Black Hat, I am not trying to manipulate anything. I am mearly trying to get things back to the way they were.

Why not help me with the lightbox W3 Validation error? You are not telling me what to do...

What do you mean by "You are risking being flagged as a Non-Compliant Website by the SE's as you play with the proper formatting and attrempt to falsely elevate your SERP."???

Having the Meta tag description or the Metatag keywords in either order is acceptable to the serps.

Either of these are acceptable... I just want to try how it was the way we had it in Yahoo- (the 1st one below)

-title
        -description
        -keyword

---Both are acceptable--

-title
        -keyword
        -description

I did say I believe losing keyword positions have nothing to do with Voda, and since everything was copied over nearly identical, I am just trying to figure out other causes for loss in google serps..

The cached pages in the USA show the new sites pages.. Are you looking at google USA?

The other 2 threads are different issues that mention the above problem (In case something is related to the problem in the other threads.)

Comment

Vasili-
          I finally found you on facebook.. As you caught my attention. But I could not see your profile or anything.. So, I gave up. I hate Facebook!

Please do me a favor, and delete all of my posts on the forum. I pretty much have my questions answered except for the errors in W3 Validator..
          I cannot figure out how to delete my posts..

Please email me when you have time. What would you charge to clean up the W3 errors?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X