Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing shopping cart template

Hello everyone!

I know that you can customize the shopping cart product pages, but is there a way to change the template when you click on the product and for the policies page? You can see with my site, that I opted not to use the template, but then it comes up when you click on the product.

How do I take it off and make the product page match the rest of my site?

Is there a plug in to fix it?

I don't want the template at all! I don't need it for any pages.

Do I need someone to write me a custom template for those pages?

Thank you!

Shop LoveItShop Handmade Jewelry & Vintage Clothing by LoveItShop located in Long Beach, California. Smooth shipping! Has a history of shipping on time with tracking. Speedy replies! Has a history of replying to messages quickly. Rave reviews! Average review rating is 4.8 or higher

Re: changing shopping cart template

You can individually configure pages in Soholaunch to reflect your overall style scheme, including colors, backgrounds, borders, width of modules, etc. I would think that you simply need to duplicate the settings used on previous pages for a uniform look ....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

There is no way to configure the individual product pages though? When you select an item to see the details of the item and to "add to cart." Also, the policies page?

Comment

Nonsense!
        You can either tweak out the global template entirely (which is why your comments about not needing a template are confusing, since there is a default template required), or individual pages accordingly.

You can either "clone" a page and 'place it' in whatever Menu lineup you wish (the same way you add more pages to an existing section), strip it and then add your products to a single page accordingly, or, copy a Category page and configure it manually from scratch.

You need to drill into the Webmaster Dashboard to explore your many options .... and maybe scour the Soholaunch Forums for particular threads that detail the steps to tweak templates?

Comment

I understand it makes you use a template... I tried to get rid of it and couldn't!

I know about "cloning" a page, but have never been successful at doing it.

The part I am most confused and trying to understand is changing the category pages you mentioned.

This may be a stupid question...

so I would have to individually clone a page and put the "single" product on it's own page? So if I have 100 products, it would be 100 new pages?

Also, where is the webmaster dashboard? Not the one in soho, right? I didn't see any options in there unless I missed something.

Sorry... website building is not my strong suit!!!

I appreciate your help!

Comment

It is sounding more and more as if you tried to tweak individual pages and not the defaulted template overall. You need to glean as much as you can from the Soho Forums to get a handle on how to 'customize' the single Global Template file, which will then apply to all the pages.

In the Soho Admin Dashboard, there is an additional Webmaster Icon which takes you to other optional areas where you can move modules and things around on pages, as well as customize the look and feel. If I remember correctly, there is also a link to the Template Manager, where you should be able to configure pages the way you want.

Keep in mind, you may have to copy down the Template file and change the settings to the PHP code itself (opening the file with Notebook), but if you have the steps with your selections (color numbers, width, etc.) written down, it is simple to follow the steps as outlined by the Soho Forums.

The last alternative would be to get a Certified Soho Spe******t like Ben from www.TemplateZapper.com to help you out, as this simple customization should prove to be a quick, easy, and affordable task for him to do.

Comment

Thank you! I am going to try to figure it all out.

Comment

I searched the forums and pretty much concluded that people, as Bethers, refused Soho for the same reason I am complaining about... because you can't customize your products the way you want to. You would have to do each product page seperately... and I have too many to do that.

I love soho, as I used to be a BV user as well, but would really love an add-on to use for customizing my products.

Also, I checked out the webmaster icon and have no idea where the moving modules around comes in b/c I have 5 options to click and I didn't find anything as you described?

I know you can build your own template and "upload" a customized template, but it is too confusing to me. I also found this link http://wiki.soholaunch.com/index.php...lder_and_files which really confused me.

I just want easy step by step instructions... an add-on... someone to pay to do it for me... or a simple you can't do it on soho sorry.

Building my site is just one of the things I have to do, and it would be awesome if I could understand the php codes and so on, but I don't!

Comment

I know all too well your angst, but unlike Bethers (who is pretty much dedicated to MALS), I am aware of things that are indeed possible with an easy fix. It's just that's it's been ages since I've had to do anything with my own Soho that I am out of the loop when it comes to providing "the" link or pointing out "the" plugin.

Comment

Working...
                  X