Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

custom codes not showing up on web page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom codes not showing up on web page.

I have tried a few times now with adding code from other site, i copy the body of the code and drop in to a text slot but it dose not show up. I am not really sure if i am even doing it right. for an exsample, the code i got from a webring site that i am a member one. so i wanted to add the webring box to my webpage but nothing shows. Should i be adding some other way? or will it just not work with soho?
    Nathan Gardner
    422 Quaker Ridge
    Greene Maine, 04236

Be sure to Check out
    www.nutmegdesigns.com

Re: custom codes not showing up on web page.

oh yes sorry my site is www.nutmegdesigns.com
    Nathan Gardner
    422 Quaker Ridge
    Greene Maine, 04236

Be sure to Check out
    www.nutmegdesigns.com

Comment

The webring code is added excactly as the Vodahost Banner code was added in your main page.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Here is the code for the webring that i have just added back to my site:

<script type="text/javascript"
        src="http://ss.webring.com/navbar?f=j;y=nutmegcarver;u=defurl">
        </script><noscript><center>
        <table bgcolor=gray cellspacing=0 border=2 bordercolor=red><tr>
        <td><table cellpadding=2 cellspacing=0 border=0><tr><td align=center>
        <font face=arial size=-1>This site is a member of WebRing.
        <br>To browse visit <a href="http://ss.webring.com/navbar?f=l;y=nutmegcarver;u=defurl">
        Here</a>.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>
        </center></noscript>

it should be showing up just above the "email this page to a friend".

but as you can see it is not showing up. this is just one code of a few different one that i have tried to enter.
        i have used the same process. that would be using the "Text Editor" button.

Would you know why i can not get this code and others to work?
        Nathan Gardner
        422 Quaker Ridge
        Greene Maine, 04236

Be sure to Check out
        www.nutmegdesigns.com

Comment

Copy the code, paste it in notepad, and save it under an obvious name, f.e. "webring.html"
          Then go in Soho, go to the page editing section, drug a "Custom code" box in your page, and you will be asked for the code to insert, upload the "webring.html" from your computer and you are done. Code in Soho can only be inserted this way, not in the text box.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks that helped out alot. but i did notice that if i add a code, save the page add another code and save again. the first code seems to double on my webpag. would you know why that is?
            Nathan Gardner
            422 Quaker Ridge
            Greene Maine, 04236

Be sure to Check out
            www.nutmegdesigns.com

Comment

When you add a second piece of code, you repeat the upload procedure. After that though, you must take one more step: from the drop down list which contains the codes, you must select the second one. This, because by default the first one is selected, so you need to select the second. Otherwise the first one is duplicated
              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
              X