X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page with form isn't being published as .php

Hi

I just created a new page having copied an existing 'contact' form from another page. I have saved it and I have published it. The new page doesn't seem to be publishing as a .php. It is publising as a .html. When I bring the .html page containing the form onto the screen I get a lot of 'code' appearing at the top of the page.

Any idea why the page isn't getting published as a .php? Is it because I copied a from across from another page?

Thanks

Re: Page with form isn't being published as .php

OK now. I used the VodaHost control panel to find the page and change the file type from .html to .php. Problem solved but still curious what went wrong as I didn't need to do that for the origianl contact page.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulsdunford View Post
      OK now. I used the VodaHost control panel to find the page and change the file type from .html to .php. Problem solved
      INDEED NOT!
      It pays to follow the instructions provided in the Tutorials and not do things simply, assuming you are already familiar with how things usually are .... you never change file types in cPanel in order to change formatting or function!

Apparently you missed the clear text instructions under the Tutorial for those that somehow 'missed it' in the Video itself:

" Your form page MUST be published as PHP. This is done through View > Page Properties > File Extension (when published). "

Please review the Tutorials for proper documentation of steps, methods, and required processes to acieve predictable results.

Blue Voda Video Tutorial Library
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

It seemed solved.
        Anyway - re-published the right way now.

Thanks again.

Cheers!

Comment

Both ways will work. Since BV will embed the PHP code in the page even if it is published as .html, changing the extension to .php through File Manager ot FTP will also work.

However, why do twice the work ? Vasili gave you the correct instructions, to publish as .php directly from BV.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

It's best to give only one "documented" option in order to establish a universiality, General ..... there are some that think nothing of dodging proven, standard methods in favor of experimenting to exasperation, only to regularly throw themselves upon the Forums for "solutions" to problems that should be routinely avoidable.
            IMO
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

paulsdunford : Problem solved

Vasili: INDEED NOT!
              Merely clarifying the technical part.

A file is a file. It is nothing more than text. You can change it directly on the server to .php, or even .html or even .asp (if a server supports it)
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X