This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding More Pages to Same IFrame?

This is my first time attempting to use IFrames. (BEEN SCARED!)
    BV Site Builder makes it easier. Being able to look at the HTML code it creates has taught me much.

I have the frame in place and one page feeding into it. How do I add more pages in the same frame that feed from links on the page?

Here is what I have so far:

<iframe name="Home" id="InlineFrame1" style="position:absolute;width:812px;height:437px; " src="http://apublicsecret.com/Home.html" scrolling="no" frameborder="0">Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.</iframe>

The next page I want in the frames is:

The text menu link is Bio but I'm unsure of how to address it to target the iFrame.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Adding More Pages to Same IFrame?

You cannot "link" pages to one another within an inline frame.

You must make new and separate page for each and link them directly, as outlined in the standard web building method detailed in the Tutorials.

Linking your pages together (Hyperlinks with text, images etc…)

Do not try and cut corners, or to re-invent the wheel when building a website: there are not only methods standard across the web for reason, but also compliances and standards there to interact with WWW protocols and Search Engines also. Follow the Tutorials faithfully, and your website will be assuredly performing and in compliance, guaranteed.

Complete Blue Voda Tutorial Library
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post

You must make new and separate page for each and link them directly, as outlined in the standard web building method detailed in the Tutorials.

Do not try and cut corners, or to re-invent the wheel when building a website: there are not only methods standard across the web for reason, but also compliances and standards there to interact with WWW protocols and Search Engines also. Follow the Tutorials faithfully, and your website will be assuredly performing and in compliance, guaranteed.

Complete Blue Voda Tutorial Library

Thanks so much.
      Will check out Tutorial. Not trying to cutcorners. Just haven't wrapped concept of how IFrames work around my brain yet. I did create separate pages. But the pages are opening in another window in the browser instead of in the IFrame.

Comment

Tutorial was not helpful . Only refers to hyperlinks for pages which I don't have any problem with.

I would just like the separate pages I created to appear in the frame when the rollover or text link for them is clicked. I see many IFrames with several pages feeding in from links on the page.

Comment

You are seriously confusing functions of Inline Frames, navigation, rollover (mouseover), tooltips, and website page structure.
          And you wonder why your singular "logic" doesn't work the way you imagine it should?

1. If your links are opening a new tab or browser window, simply leave blank (empty) the "Target" field in the hyperlink dialog, which is the default setting anyway --- this "issue" indicates that you have entered a change somehow during initial link establishment. Go back over each and "erase" any entry in those fields ... just like it shows in the Tutorials, which you say you already understand completely.
          2. An Inline Frame is meant to present a static element that cannot be normally added to a web page, such as a separate script (like a Web Calendar, a PDF document, etc.), and is not intended to substitute the normal page transition, as each "element" linked to the iFrame needs to have its own URL to present from. This is why navigation cannot be presented normally in a page-to-page manner as seen in normal website page structure. Besides, that makes absolutely no sense (with regard to redundancy) inasmuch each page needs to be published and then linked within the iFrame??
          3. It is already questionable how the Search Engines attribute value to text or Content in iFrames and TextFrames (the kind you see with scrollers on the side), and to bypass normal website standards to even try to reproduce page structure using iFrames will undoubtedly creatre chaos and thorw your site into complete non-compliance, resulting in your site being de-listed by the Search Engines.
          4. Although many scripts for tooltips (mouseovers) are available with hyperlinking of text or images in the rollover pop-ups, this also is not a complaint substitute for proper navigational schemes, and will result in similar penalty by the SE's.
          5. Using a tooltip (rollover effect) within a page presented within an iFrame is questionable, and may be satisfactory to present an image or pertinent text or amplification of text, but cannot be expected to also be enabled to function with a hyperlink, as all links within an iFrame again need to be directed to a separatre URL (a page) and this "switching" of pages within an iFrame will not work.

It seems that you do not get the fact each page needs its own URL, and needs be linked to other pages and your index page in order to serve as and be seen as a part of the whole .... and if your intent is to maintain a look-and-feel that is displayed on your index page (or any other page), there is no compelling reason nor logical defense for the use of iFrames instead of merely duplicating the page with only the Content area changed (either via Clone or manual duplication) as mandated by the standards in place.

It is no wonder why you are having difficulties trying to make something happen when it is not supposed to! The dysfunction you are experiencing is only a sign that these functions are purposely separate and incompatible .... it is best you simply proceed using the proven, documented methods and procedures in order to produce the predictable results and worthy values.

Originally posted by Vasili View Post

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X