X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email addresses on ABVFP Form

Hi,

In the ABVFP Administrator Area does anyone know if you can have more than one email address listed in the "Your email address": field? The reason I asked is I had three email addresses listed but only one received the information.

Re: Email addresses on ABVFP Form

If a comma doesn't work, use a semi-colon between them " ; ".
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasilli,

I tried that but this time no emails went through. If you look at the Administrator Area Form there is a ? mark on the right side of where you put the email addresses in. Clicking on that show that one would need separate the addresses with a comma not a semicolon as you suggested. At this point I don't know why this is happening.

Comment

Check with General Navaldesign .... I overlooked you are referring to ABVFP (which is his project).

Comment

A comma between email addresses should do the job.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Comma & space or just a comma between?
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

I'd think without spaces (since everything seems to be "spaces-unfriendly"), but maybe try both??

"Fire For Effect!" LOL!

Comment

Comma without space. However, most mailservers will also accept an email address even if there s a space before or after, as they trim these spaces internally during the mailing procedure.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I've asked the recipients to check their "junk" mail. It's possible they receive the email and don't know it. I'll let you know when I find out. BTW - the email addresses were separated by a comma only - no space.

Comment

The problem appears bigger than just the emails. I was informed that they can no longer access the website. Apparently something is blocking it. They tried accessing the website from other computers and everything is fine. Appears the problem is with their office network. This happened once before when we first went "live" with the website. We used a proxy website for a day or so and then the actual website cleared up on it own. Don't really know what's going on. Any ideas?

Comment

If , as you say, there is no issue accessing the website from other computers / IP addresses, they have probably done something that has caused the server to automatically "lock" their IP address out.

In that case:

1. Lookup their IP address (they can find it, if they don't know it, by visiting http://ip-lookup.net/

2. Submit a support ticket asking Support if this IP address results blocked for the specific server and asking to unblock it.

However, if this was the case, they SHOULD be receiving emails anyway from the site form.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Hi NavelDesign,

I submitted a ticket. Hopefully there's an answer somewhere. Can't have this happening too frequently.

Comment

Re: Email addresses on ABVFP Form _ UPDATE

Hi NavelDesign,

I received a response stating "The problem has been fixed". While this is good news it didn't tell me anything as to why it happened in the first place. Therefore I sent the following message back: "Could you explain what exactly happened so I can be prepared in the future should it happen again"
                          This is is the answer I received:
                          "The IP has been whitelisted"
                          I'm assuming this means the IP address was somehow "blacklisted" and is now "whitelisted". Again, this doesn't explain what happened in the first place. I'm concerned that this problem could surface again and I would have to go through this process again.
                          My question then is could you explain in layman's terms what exactly happened?

Comment

Support can't know why.
                            In most cases, this is an automated security measure taken by the server protection system. It might have even been some hack attempt by part of a hacker using the same IP address as your customer, or an unseccessfull (wrong details) attempt to login for more than 3 consecutive times, or even a whatever connection attempt that, according to the software criteria, has been considered an "attack" or "suspicious". I repeat, it might also have been by part of a third party originating from your own IP address.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks NavalDesign!
                              Could you tell me then if by being "whitelisted" the chances of this happening again are slim or is it something that could happen anytime?

Comment

Working...
                              X