This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEGINNER needs help hyperlinking

BEGINNER HERE and I really need some help.
    I've created the first page of my website and made 14 clickable buttons (10 to external sites) using the button tool. I'll call them my site "transfer buttons " - as distinct from buttons on the BlueVoda web builder program . When a transfer button is clicked the user is to be taken to an external site or same website- different page -dependent on which transfer button is clicked (Hyperlinking right ?) I’m a beginner here.
    Problem is that hyperlink button on the bluevoda panel/toolbar is greyed out and only lights up when a pic. is highlighted and greys out when one of my created 'transfer buttons" is selected. It does not recognise my "transfer button" as the object to be hyperlinked. It does not allow a hyperlink to be made. The method of making hyperlinks looks pretty easy on the tutorial and all would be well if my created buttons were 'pictures' but they are not.They are a great feature of the web bulder but whatever they are called, Blue Voda does not want to hyperlink them.They are not "pics", neither are they "text"( although they contain text -eg.-- CLICK HERE FOR 5 DAY WEATHER OUTLOOK noted on actual button - which will take customer to Weather Bureau site( if I ever find how to link the button to it) Are the buttons "images" ? If they are, then surely they are hyper linkable, but how ? The hyperlink tutorial uses a photo as one example, text as another example of how to hyperlink but none of the programs own clickable buttons is used in the tutorial.
    Help please. I made very quick progress making the 1st page then came to a shuddering halt.trying to hyperlink these buttons.
    Thanks in advance
    Jim

Re: BEGINNER HERE in need of help hyperlinking

You must invest the time to learn the proven methods, practices, tips, and techniques that thousands before you have in order to not let challenges become pratfalls to your progress as you transform your internet vision into an online reality.
    You must do it -- yourself.

Plan Your Work, Work Your Plan!

Getting Started - How to plan your website
    Complete Tutorial Library
    Blue Voda Tutorials
    > How To Create Hyperlinks (Linking Pages Together, Using Object, etc.)
    * In your case, you must "highlight" whatever you are using for a link first (text, an image, a shape, etc.), either by traditionally text highlight by drag-click , or, for objects, by a single click to 'outline' it ... and then click on the Hyperlink icon in the top toolbar to then Link that item normally. When using Buttons or Menu tools, double-click on them to reveal the Properties Dialog Box, which has areas to fill in details desired.

"Highlighting" anything (text, an object, an image) is important when beginning any process, as it is the manner in which you 'indicate' to what you are about to apply a process or command ... thus, when you highlight text or an image before your click on the hyperlink icon (to reveal the dialog box where you configure the hyperlink "rules" for the application of links for that object) you are indicating to what you are specifically applying the command/process (hyperlinking) to .... if you do not highlight anything first, there is no way to apply the process!

If you are wanting to provide a hyperlink to a group of objects (as in layers), try creating a shape, make it transparent, make it big enough to cover your items underneath it, and then link that shape (object) normally ... no one will suspect the difference.

Be sure to read the many, many threads in these Forums to also learn the solutions to questions you may be seeking answers for, as they have all been addressed numerous times before with many approaches and terms that you will undoubtedly find useful.

Look, explore, learn, do! It will be great!

As you surmised in your other posts, a modicum of familiarity with general computer skills is required if to make predictable progress using these simple tools, methods, and techniques. Unfortunately, it is not the responsibility of any one of your peers in these Forums nor VodaHost itself to offer you instruction to bring you up to speed in this area. We do not offer or condone 'individual attantion' as it takes away from being able to interact evenly with the entire Membership.
    The "Helps" and resources are clearly labelled on every page for easy access, and this is where you should start if you find yourself overwhelmed with how the Forums work, how to use the Tutorials (you can pause them to practice, you know), or any other aspect of your web building journey.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X