Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL (Help ) VERY MUCH NEEDED!!!

i have a few MySQL Questions :

i would like to make a new Database just for This New Script that i have just Purchased ,and put it onto its own database

i Have looked at all the MySQL Tutorials about MySQL but i Still do not understand it completely

1.) first off i need to know where is my (MySQL server Located) at and the server name or number ???

2.) and if its localhosted do i just type in localhost when making a new MySQL database (or) do i put in some kind of server name and number if so what ?

3.) and where it says (Access host) For the (Db Box) do i type in the words Bluevoda or what ?

4.) and what do the do the name of the database ,what do i name that ?

Re: MySQL (Help ) VERY MUCH NEEDED!!!

There are 4 peices of information the script needs:

datebase server
    database name
    database username
    database password

If the script and mysql database are both on the same site, it will always be "localhost"

The database name, username, and password can be anything you want

Don't worry about the access host, this only matters if you want another website (one that isn't hosted on the same server) to have access to the database

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Watch the below tutorial for creating databases

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/cpa...skin_mysql.htm
      Last edited by VodaHost; 06-14-2006, 06:52 AM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but with the new Form Maker this database and MY SQL is still also confusing to me. When I say database, I think of addresses; personal, business and I have watched this tutorial more than the Weather Channel reruns. I may just pay the $30 to get it incorporated into my c-panel. It has to 'click' with me and this just is not. Confused...but will keep hammering at it.

I'll keep reading and checking...ho hum
        http://www.rogerwrapit.com

Comment

What exactly are you having problems with?
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I don't understand the logic of a database and using the Form Maker and how all that clicks. Caught this thread by kad because it addressed MySQL and confusion. I'm one of these people "Oh, yeah, now it makes sense" people. But I'm at the stage of Huh? Trying to find posts that simplify this. But, that's ok. I should get my site up first I guess.

Jumping over too many puddles...I guess. Thanks racefan. I'll get back to you later. How's the stubbed toe?
            http://www.rogerwrapit.com

Comment

Working...
            X