This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "publish"

Hi I'm not sure if I must post my query here as it relates to "publishing" and I posted it in "hyperlinks". I suppose it won't hurt if it appears twice will it ? Can you help please ?
    I have no website (nearly ready)to refer people to. I'm not sure what "publish" your site means.I think of "pubish" as print a magazine. Is there a website glossary anywhere or an article which might give newies a step by step explanation of what's involved in building a site from start to finish ? (one which doesn't ASSUME or expect a certain knowledge level.) Of course everyone knows, but what does"publish" a website actually mean, who and what does it involve and does it cost money ?Your help really appreciated.
    Kind regards.

Jim
    (And can I "publish" a site before it's finished and add more to it later ?)

Re: "publish"

Yes, it does matter ....

Forum Rules clearly stipulate threads are not to be duplicated, and, in accordance to the Forum Protocol on How To Ask For Assistance, it is expected that you provide a URL to the website in question as outlined so your issue can be reviewed properly to determine the specific solution. You are advised to include a URL to a VodaHost account hosted website in all future postings ....

A website is "Published" on and to the web, just as it can be in print .... look up the root word 'Publish' (to make known, to bring forth) to understand the conceptual similarities.
    How to Publish your web pages on the internet using Blue Voda

You might understand more of web design if you better understood the processes and methods, which can be achieved by reviewing the Tutorials (in the order they are presented).

As far as a "Glossary" of standard, basic web and internet Terms, you can find plenty of resources at the VodaHost Help Center (and pages linked from there) and even by doing your own Google Search. The Glossary is constantly growing, so there will never be a single finite list ....

Invest The Effort, Earn The Kudos!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X