This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captcha needed

Hoping someone will help me. I'm in over my head with the ABVFP stuff, and when I put in a support ticket all I got was links to more info and tutorials over my head. My websites work fine. Contact forms created in form wizard all work fine - (so long as I have no constraints on validation, another problem.) However, I'm receiving bogus contacts forms with gibberish in many of the fields and websites buried in the gibberish. It's getting harder to sort out the real contacts.
    Captcha seems the only answer, but when I downloaded the newer Blue Voda 11 version and remade the forms using captcha, all I got were errors. When testing the forms, it sent me to the error page everytime, which I wrote using the ##errror## thing. It just says "wrong code." Also when I added the email editbox and chose "email" under validation, it won't accept any form unless they include an email, which I don't really require since many people are afraid of being spammed.
    I actually went through tons of threads and waded through the ABVFP info including printing out the 16 pages of directions, but by step 8, I was stymied when the datatbase user and password came up invalid even though I'd just created them! But truthfully I don't like to fool around in Cpanel much at all, I don't even know for sure what a database is or why I was creating one etc.. Now I think I've messed stuff up in my cpanel.

Is there any simple solution? For now I took off the captcha and the form is working again, but I have not solved the spam problem or figured out how to have the processor ignore gibberish contacts.
    Thanks ahead, Chris

Re: Captcha needed

It is expected that you provide a URL to the website in question as outlined in and required by Forum protocol 'How To Ask For Assistance' so your issue can be reviewed properly to determine the specific solution.

Provide the URL so it may be possible to decipher what it is you are doing incorrectly.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Apologies :)

Thanks for looking.

Comment

Try making your Pledge page simply an eMail Form page, using the manual methods that will accommodate your requirements entirely rather than a complicated ABVFP utility.

Make sure your Form is extended well enough for you to place your CAPTCHA element well within the boundaries of the Form and to publish normally as a MULTI-PART DATA and PHP page (both of which are selected in the Form Properties Dialog).

Comment

Vasili - Thanks for response. I'm unsure what an email form is as opposed to a contact form. I can't find anything called email form either. I looked in form wizard and under Insert>form>, and checked all the buttons etc.
          Can you explain what you mean by email form?
          I suspect an email form may be like creating a click button that opens to an email that the visitor may use to write to us. We have a few of those on other pages, but the contact form accomplishes much more in the way of guiding the person in their correspondence with us.
          Also are you saying the captcha works in an email form, but not in a contact form (not without ABVFP being installed somehow)?

I placed the captcha in the form. Form Properties are php and multi data, but online when I test the form it goes to the error page and says (as it did before, "the entered code was wrong." I left the captcha on for you to try.

Comment

Follow this Tutorial precisely .... forget the distratctions and hangups on terminology and simply create an Email Form as shown, making sure you duplicate the methods perfectly and are sure each element is on the Form:

Form Wizard – Creating an eMail Form from Scratch

KEEP IT SMART & SIMPLE!

Comment

Vasili, Oh my gosh - My'red!!!
              I can't believe I never thought of this, but on a whim I decided to see if the captcha was case sensitive - I swear I've never encountered one that was. But sure enough when I submitted using caps, it brought me to the success page!
              I just hope this solves the problem of gibberish contacts.
              Thanks, C

Comment

* Unless otherwise stated, everything in required/Password/encrypted fields is CASE SENSITIVE on the internet ... always been!

Comment

Working...
                X