X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABVFP Forms not working

I'll try this again..
    I recently posted a similar thread on recipients not receiving emails from the ABVFP forms. That thread evolved into not being able to access the website either. Support was able to "unblock" the website so the recipients were able to log on again. At this point, that thread was closed.
    Unfortunately, the original problem still exists. That is; not being able to receive information from the ABVFP forms. I'm able to receive them as well as anyone else I put in the "Your email address:" block of the Form Details except the people at the company for which they are intended. I need help on resolving this.

Re: ABVFP Forms not working

There is no way to help you on this without entering the account.
    Further more, if one enters the account and finds out that emails ARE sent, but not received, he would need to find out why these are not received (Server blaclkisted ? ISP spam filters too tight ? Issues with your mailbox ?)

I can assure you that if the Admin email address is correctly filled in, the mails ARE sent. If they are not received, MOST probably you have a receiving issue.

Try using, as "visitor" email address, an email address within your own domain.

In other words, both email addresses should be inside the domain that holds the form.

Test and let me know.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi NavalDesign,

I'm testing now. Hopefully I'll get a response back by Monday...

Comment

Well here's the latest. On one of the Admin Forms (Contact Us) I added a couple of other email addresses and everything worked OK. However, the email addresses of the people who need to get these forms are not getting them. They checked with NetworkSolutions to see if they were blocking them but they said no. So I'm back to square one.
        A few questions:
        1 - Anybody have any idea what could be causing this?
        2 - Do you think I should put in another support ticket?

Paul

Comment

Personally? I think you are over-complicating things using ABVFP, and have simply missed the boat installing or configuring it.
          If you insist on using it, you would be better off paying General Navaldesign to set it up for you, since the ABVFP is his project to begin with .... just be prepared to have things clearly outlined for him, so there will be no more lingering "issues" to contend with.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasilli,

I have been using ABVFP for quite awhile now both on the website in question and my previous one without any problem until now (should state I had problems initially using ABVFP but was able to iron them out with NavalDesign's help). On the website in question these forms were working fine until recently when the intended recipients of the submissions stopped receiving them. Then the website got "blocked" somehow (still don't know the reason why). The "blocking" was resolved with the help of Support but the email problem remains.
            As far as installing and/or configuring I believe that was done properly because, as I stated, everything was working fine coupled with the fact that the forms on my first website are still functioning without any problems.

Paul

Comment

You're apparently right around the corner from me (I'm in P alm Harbor) ..... point is, I would offer to step in to help but defer to him, for (as Naval pointed out) there is no way to "fix" your site problem without having him go in and do it himself: not only is he the only one that can properly code on the spot, but he too has has entree with VH's back-end to deal with any issues the average User cannot.
              Besides ... he is incredibly affordable, and offers you the peace of mind knowing it is rock-solid when he's done.

This is for the www.AmericanEagleSigning.com site, right?
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

1. You should use, in the ABVFP control panel, among the others, an email address that belongs to the same domain.
                2. Check if the mails arrive to the domain webmail.

If the mails arrive to their ebmails, there can only two two reasons why they don't make it to your customer's desktop:

a. Mails end up in spam folder, check it
                b. Mail is blocked by the ISP somehow, even if they say no.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi guys,

I think we're back in business. I contacted Network Solutions and got some help resolving the issue. I tested it once and it worked. However, I'll need to test it some more before I can say the problem is finally fixed. No time to check it right now...

Comment

Working...
                  X