This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• set up wholesale on existing store

Any idea. I would like to set one up but don't know how. My shopping cart does not have that option. Any ideas.

David
    Have Fun, Be Safe :
    Self Defense Products
    Hidden Cameras

Re: How can I set up a wholesale account

You are using PayPal in a Blue Voda created "cart(s)" .... there is nothing preventing you from simply duplicating/re-publishing your BV pages into a separate new directory (which you can create in your cPanel without having to purchase a domain) and replacing the PayPal buttons (and pricing codes) with "wholesale" pricing accordingly. Essentially, you would be required to create new buttons for your products with some difference between them and regular priced items to not create a conflict .... by adding a "W-" to the front of your item codes, this will not only indicate "Wholesale" to you for processing, but is a new a different item code in the eyes of PayPal also.
    * You may be required to set up a new PayPal account to differentiate between those you collect Sales Tax from and wholesale accounts you do not (it does not matter if delivered in-State or not on this Wholesale level --- no Tax is collected on Wholesale, making you responsible to 'qualify' all such sales: you can be held liable for all Tax due for sales not complying with the law). If so, it is not a big deal to create a whole new set of coded buttons in this way.
    The key is to figure out if you can re-configure the Sales Tax option using the same website/URL, or if the distinction can be made only by creating another "account" done simply by adding a different eMail address to the one PayPal account you now have and entering ("adding") a different website URL: i.e. www.OwnDefense.com/wholesale/ added as additional site to main PayPal account established under www.OwnDefense.com .

Whether or not you want to do this by creating this "wholesale" directory as a Password Protected Directory is up to you, but I would: you would simply have an area in the 'regular' sites to apply for a wholesale status (an eMail Form page) which you would need to qualify and "approve" before furnishing them with a simple Password for them to access the protected site with the wholesale pricing.

It pays to have a PLAN, and then to Work Your Plan.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: set up wholesale on existing store

Hi Vasili
      I dont use paypal because of the type of item I sale (weapons). Still at a lost.
      Thanks
      David
      Have Fun, Be Safe :
      Self Defense Products
      Hidden Cameras

Comment

Re: set up wholesale on existing store

eWebcart ... right. Based on PayPal/eBay coding. Sorry.

Same principle, same concept, same methods.
        You can have one setup, but not two? Or, seeing as how you have 2 sites (defense, camera), are they separate accounts or merely designations by URL or email Logon?

I find it hard to believe eWebcart does not allow the ability to duplicate a cart system with distinction made by either URL (upon a sub-domain) in a single account (without paying extra), or allow you to duplicate it as a new system entirely (but still within the original account, with a different, "added" URL). Every other cart system out there does (PayPal, Google, MALS, osCOmmerce, etc.) so either you apply the concept outlined above or I guess you go get yourself another cart to build from scratch, right?

Either you get it or you don't ....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X