This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts search > eCom site?

I am a total new comer I have an appliance parts company and would like to build an e-commerce site for my parts I would like to have the first page search by model # or by the individual part # I tried to set it up but could not make it work. Is their a download for this type of thing?

Re: putting parts search in ECommerce site

Knowing the kind of website that would best suit your needs, you'd be better off using osCommerce shopping cart system, which you can install for free as a VodaHost customer with a few clicks of your mouse using the Fantastico! feature in your VodaHost account Control Panel.

osCommerce does not have the same limitations on depth of Categories and Sub-Categories the others do (which can only be overcome by purchasing and installing additional plugins - not an easy task for the common man whatsoever), can handle unlimited inventory levels, and once set up will run auto-pilot for years without a worry. * It is this level of cataloging inventory with depth and detail of Categories and Sub-Catagories that defines the overall superior "Search" capabilities of osCommerce when compared to other eCommerce cart solutions, especially when it comes to item search or multi-category refrencing.

The initial learning curve is quite a step, but once you get past simple "customization" and begin loading inventory, you will be surprised at how integrated you can get it to run: there are plugins that will allow you to hook it up to a Quickbooks Store, for example, and it can tap into most front-end POS software titles as well (with a minimum of effort and critical thinking/planning).

If there was ever a motivator to go ahead and purchase a hosting account from VodaHost with no idea of a website already created, this would be it. Guaranteed osCommerce will fit the bill, and after the initial phase, I know you will agree it was well worth the time and effort.

Comparing Shopping Carts in Fantastico
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X