X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightbox Issue

Hi,

Could someone take a look at this page, and possibly propose a solution as to why when the lightbox images (houses) are clicked, and the image pops up that the menu bar on the left side is not shaded out like the rest of the page?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Owen

Re: Lightbox Issue

I have had difficulty on various pages (various formatting) myself, and have not found a satisfactory answer OR solution yet.

Very disconcerting. As far as I can figure out, it has to do with the browser you are using, the version, how the page was laid out (size and order), and the publishing speed/connection .... if you notice, the "shading" of objects or images will also appear straight black and without any degree of transparency in these same pages.

If I want to use lightbox or offer shading, I need to use a different computer now, which doesn't explain anything since we are talking about the "issue" appearing on a computer that once published the original pages perfectly!

So ... you're not alone, but not getting a good answer either!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the insight Vasilli. It is a bit perturbing, given that when I first put the menu bar and lightbox on the page, it appeared to work ok, but then several changes were made to the menu bar, and since then, I cannot get it to work. I have deleted the menu bar and lightbox features competely and reinstalled them again, but to no avail.

Thanks again for your time.

Comment

Try taking off your search form and see if that has any effect.
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've just tried that, but with no result. The menu bar is still not being shaded. Good idea though.

Comment

Maybe its because your menu is wider that it seems because of the sub cats. For the purpose of testing try shifting the menu away from the light box, perhaps underneath. Publish & test and then see if you are getting the same issue.
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Just to add because I've given it some more thought, it seem obvious to me its a layering issue. Currently your menu is at the front most. If your light box was front most your menu sub cats would disappear behind the thumbnails, so you've got a catch 22. I would probably explore a different menu where the sub cats drop underneath instead of to the right.
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Been there, done that with playing with the order of things, removing entirely, and all that. No help. It is more like an issue with the fact Lightbox was re-written in BV from a script to an online-app (things are processed as they are being published in the new versions), and either connection is at fault, or the whole buffer script is in need of tighter writing. It is the only explantion to describe the cross-over effect of "shadows" of shapes and objects being affected as well (I can get no degree of tinting or transparency upon publishing from one version, even though it looks fine in Preview).

And I believe it IS related to versions of BV, as I refuse to "upgrade" to a newer one in my laptop (which produces and shadows fine - which I favor using - but not Lightbox) until the issue is resolved. I am just too lazy to re-populate every file with images onto the laptop and publish those site I need shadows on it, especially when it does not have the current IP list .....

You can see how Lightbox sucks on this site ("Laptop") even though the shadow effect is visible between the layered page, and how I actually had to remove the similar page shadow effect from this site ("Desktop") because it shows up totally black, which only began to happen after updating, originally being published perfectly from the desktop! Since it is different versions of BV, it might explain the shadow, but the Lightbox poorly displaying in both??? No, it is a programming error, IMO, and even George admits to knowing no resolution. Harumph!

Comment

Oh yeah you've got the same issue. That must bug you ..lol. and in your case, even if you were able to avoid the overlap with the collections 8 sub cats, it still doesn't make any difference..no?
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

No ... I still get the Lightbox layer registering all the way to the monitor flush-left over the page edge, but not extending right over the page edge one pixel. Weird thing.

I am more upset about the shadowing, though, to be honest. I use it in so many applications, it makes it horribly painful committing to one computer or another, given the different limitations. Enough to drive you to drink....

Did I catch that right --- that the drop-down on the Joolz site is not properly displaying, or were you referring to the Luxury site??? I have this other Luxury site just about to get totally published this weekend, also that I had to remove the shadow from, but with a deeper Menu system (check "Cities") .... as you can see, I was not able to shadow this site.

Comment

Drop down works fine.
                      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info.
                        @Darren: Yes, I've tried the layering option to no avail. I even removed both elements and put the menu bar on first and the lightbox second (just in case). The position of the images is not where they will be, but having played around with positioning as well I feel that Vasili's observations seem to make sense at the moment.

@Vasili: Thanks again my friend. This gives me serious pause for concern. The lightbox feature is one of the reasons I chose to start using BV, and if there is no feasible remedy in sight I may have to rethink that choice. You have an impressive wealth of knowledge pertaining to BV.

Thank you both for your input gentlemen.

Comment

It would seem to me at the moment gents that the only 'tricky fix' is to use simple text on the page for the menu cats, and just permalink them. I can achieve the same look, with the only issue being the drop out sub cats when hovered over. I thought I could use the 'Events' feature to make a subcat menu appear on hover.

In this way, the lightbox feature is not interupted by normal text.

Messy, I know, but when needs must....
                          Last edited by OMcHale; 03-06-2011, 03:12 PM. Reason: Additional thought

Comment

A 'work-around' is not a 'fix' at all!
                            But, as you have discovered, self-discovery always leads to greater knowledge, even if trial and error creates consequences along the way ...

Comment

Light Box problem

Hi All,

I am having problems with light box.
                              If you click on the light box in the attached link the black background stops short of the right hand edge.
                              I have tried various photos and positions, also removed elements from the page but the black background will not cover all the screen.
                              Always stops short of the right haand edge.

If I put light box on a blank page it works ok.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X