This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with preview

Everytime I want to preview my page, it takes me to Windows Media Player. As I am not so computer literate, i do not know what to do as it always brings up an error message saying it 'cannot open this particular file as it is an html file'. If i click on the left hand scroll bar, it says 'open in browser' but there again, it will bring up windows media player. How do i change all of this? any suggestions?
    Thanks

Re: Problems with preview

Previewing (and printing your website) ???
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Problems with preview

I believe that your computer is missing the software to file association for .html files.
      You need to create / edit this asociation.

You can do it in two ways (the following descriptions maight be slighly different as I'm using Windows in Italian so my English translation might be slightly different from what you actually see in your screen):

1st Method:

Computer Control Panel, Default Programs, -> Set Default Programs -> When the list of programs appears, Select IE (or FF) and then click on Set this program as default.

Save and exit. At this point all should work.

2ond method:

Create in Notepad a file with just any text you like.
      Click on Save As, select File Type "All Files" and save it as "test.html" in your Documents folder.

Now go in Computer -> Documents, find the file and Right Click it. Select Properties, and then look at the "Open with..." property.
      Most probably you will see Windows Media Player set as default program to open HTML files (thus the issue).

Click on Change, and a list of programs will appear where your default browser (IE or FF) should be displayed. Select the Browser, and then check, at the bottom, "Always use this program for this type of files" (or something similar...)

This should do the job.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X