Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I create a link to open to a specific paragraph?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I create a link to open to a specific paragraph?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    I can easily create a link that opens a designated page in my site (no sweat), but can I link from text on one page to a specific paragraph or item on another page? I'm envisioning something like the bookmark feature in MS Word or Open Office Writer.

Thanks again

Re: Can I create a link to open to a specific paragraph?

Yes it is possible'
    First make your page that you have the item you want to go to.
    use the bookmark function and place it near the item and name the bookmark.
    Second put a text link at the top of the page. ( this is only so that you can get the url for the bookmark when published you can delete it after). and link it to the bookmark by using the bookmark dropdown in the link box.
    Publish page and go to it in your browser, click the link for the book that you made now the page will go to the bookmarked item.
    Next copy all the url in your browser,
    Open the page in bluevoda that you want to put the link to the bookmarked in.
    make the link and paste the URL that you copied and pulish your page.
    go to your browser and test. now the link should take you straight to the new page at the bookmarked point.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thanks. Now, the problem is my lack of knowledge on how to access the bookmark function.

I selected an area of text and then the link icon. Clearly, the term bookmark is there, but I don't sem to be able to access it to designate a bookmark. How do I go about creating the bookmark to link to?

Thanks again
      ya sure

Comment

It may be a little clearer following this "Tip" ...

The bookmark can be inserted onto your page by using the toolbar commands INSERT > BOOKMARK
        You'll then need to 'open' the Bookmark Dialog by double-clicking on it and following the Tip above.

* The little "Flag" seen on your page is only a 'tool' to indicate its presence and placement when working, and although it is seen on your BV workpage and in Preview, it will not be seen on your published page ... it publishes "invisible" and will not affect your page design.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I don't know how to thank you. Thank you so much for the reply and the oh-so-clear "Tip". I did a trial run on my not-yet published page and it works as slick as a whistle.

Blessings,
          ya sure

Comment

Working...
          X