This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie needs help please

Hi all, I have viewed all bv videos and read all info available re building a site etc, etc, etc.
    However, I badly need a couple of "Idiot Guides" to move on.

a) I have completed basic index page - background, template and labelled menu buttons. I just need to add my name at the top.
    I have saved what I have done so far by going to File, Save As Template....however, I found it as a WWB file and cannot open it (my axe was also completely useless!)

I want to insert this template on each new page before naming page - to avoid painstakingly doing it again from scratch each time.
    How do I open it, and how do I insert it on a new page - or can't I do that?

b) This website I am building was online about 3 yrs ago. I have css files for various pages saved on HD (made by a Pro who unfortunately passed away from Brain Cancer).
    Can I copy, paste/insert them on BV pages, and how do I do that?

c) What are the measurements for a normal web page?
    Default is 800 x 400......but looks short.

Appreciate any input you may have.
    I gather my IQ is well under normal range today as I have used all supplies of Paracetamol here already! :)

Cheers, and thank you.

Re: Newbie needs help please

a) I have completed basic index page - background, template and labelled menu buttons. I just need to add my name at the top.
    I have saved what I have done so far by going to File, Save As Template....however, I found it as a WWB file and cannot open it (my axe was also completely useless!)

I want to insert this template on each new page before naming page - to avoid painstakingly doing it again from scratch each time.
    How do I open it, and how do I insert it on a new page - or can't I do that?

Just tried to save a test page as a template & wouldn't work. Would be interesting to see if others have the same problem.
    You can also save your page as ???????, then close this page & click on the clone button. When the file list pops up look for your ??????? page & select. Now rename the page to a new name.

b) This website I am building was online about 3 yrs ago. I have css files for various pages saved on HD (made by a Pro who unfortunately passed away from Brain Cancer).
    Can I copy, paste/insert them on BV pages, and how do I do that?

You would normally cut & paste the CSS into the head of the page under page properties & then paste the pages html into a HTML box on the front of your page. Buts would need the html/css code to make sure.

c) What are the measurements for a normal web page?
    Default is 800 x 400......but looks short.

Width is around the 950 mark & length is as you wish to accommodate the page..
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
    X