This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website not publishing

I have had my website for a few years now. I havent done any work on it for a while have just resently updated it and when i try and publish it a error message keeps appearing say:

Internet exception error 12002
    the request has timed out

its been doing it for a few days now. I have just recently paid for another year, could this have effected my ip address would be very grateful for some help

Many thanks

Re: Website not publishing

You should be publishing "WishesAndDreams" to 74.86.118.25 as the server has been updated and has this new IP address assigned.

If your version of Blue Voda does not have the above IP address in the drop-down list in the Publish Dialog, you will need to download a newer copy of Blue Voda to install over your present installation (do not delete Blue Voda, simply install over your current installed version and "overwrite" it, thus saving your pages and files from being deleted).

Your Nameserver assignments have not changed: they are still NS1.VODA24.com and NS2.VODA24.com

This should solve the timeout issue you are experiencing, but if not, after updating your Blue Voda this is still an issue, you will need to troubleshoot your connection by resetting your modem+router, dumping your browser's Temp folder, etc.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I have just checked my IP address and it is the same as above. Do you have any other suggestions. Its really frustrating as i cant understand what i am doing wrong.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by xholzsx View Post
        I have just checked my IP address and it is the same as above. Do you have any other suggestions. Its really frustrating as i cant understand what i am doing wrong. Thanks
        If you are using Blue Voda and the proper information to Publish and still experiencing this issue, it is definitely a connection issue on your end. Be sure to "allow" any local Firewall protections prior to implementing any mentioned steps, as this is usually the first instance of connection permissions being denied.

Here are some troubleshooting methods you might find useful:

If you cannot connect to an updated web page, or find that you cannot get to a Logon page to connect, I suggest you use F5 repeatedly to refresh your browser to load the new page version.

If that still is of no help, or if you cannot connect to your assigned server without an Error Message, consider the following processes:
        A. Be sure to update your Java for your computer, for your broswers depend on this to function properly (also helps to effectively communicate the various scripts Blue Voda uses to the server more efficiently).
        B. Clean out your Browser cache and temp files and try again. "Refreshing" your browser multiple times via F5 may not be enough, so you may have to empty cache and temp files under TOOLS of your browser.
        C. Reset your modem by powering down your computer completely for at least 3 minutes, turning off and disconnecting your modem (3 min. also), wiping the cable leads off to remove any residual static charging (ionized dust), reconnect, power everything back up, and THEN try again.
        D. You may need to follow up with a dnsflush to clear IP cookies/application hang (which may be preventing the page from loading):
        1) Close down all open browsers
        2) On your computer click >>> Start
        3) Next click >>> Programs
        4) Next click >>> Accessories
        5) Next click >>> Command Prompt
        This will open a black dialog box...
        6) Type in: ipconfig/flushdns and hit Enter.....

REPEAT PROCESS "D" ABOVE AGAIN BEFORE RESUMING NORMAL ACTIVITY

Connection issues account for a majority of inability to Publish or view web pages normally, and when coupled with typical "browser hang" or "cache hang" they can prove frustrating at best. Using these simple methods above to keep your computer 'clean and refreshed' will aid in flawless function.

Comment

A 12002 error is a timeout error. You might also receive this error if you are trying to publish to the wrong IP address. Please make sure the IP address you are trying to publish to is the same IP address that is in your welcome letter.

After you have done this.

1)
          Open up BlueVoda
          2)Go to Tool >> Option >> Publish

Change the timeout time to 600 or more.

Also make sure that you are using the latest version of BlueVoda.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the above help.

I have now tried all and still the same message occurs. i have also rechecked my ip address and this is definatly correct

Any more suggestions please

thanks

Comment

It is an issue on your end. Submit a Support Ticket if the above steps do not provide a solution.

Comment

Working...
              X