Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITS FINISHED HOORAY (for now till I change my mind)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITS FINISHED HOORAY (for now till I change my mind)

Hello friends,

I have just updated my new site, I have tried to keep it simple without to much information.

Let me know what you think.

Oh, and if you do like it, please become a fan, I would very much like that.

Cheers.

Regards Ben.

Re: ITS FINISHED HOORAY (for now till I change my mind)

Sites looking real good. Couple of suggestions on the SE side of things.
    You are using your Keywords as follows in the body of your Home page:
    Engagement Rings 1 time Good, do nothing
    Diamonds 3 times Good, do nothing
    Wedding Rings 1 time Good, do nothing
    Jewellery Designer 0 times Add to your web page text
    Remodel Jewellery 0 times Add to your web page text
    Jewellery Repairs 0 times Add to your web page text

PROBLEM
    You are not using your keywords within the body of your page effectively; you are using 3 of your keywords in the body of your page, when you should use at least 5. Remember that a phrase of 2 or 3 words is a key word & should be entered the same in your keyword area.

SOLUTION
    Suggest that you add some of your keywords into the body of your main page within the text. Should also make each pages keywords a bit more bespoke & individual to the page. IE: Correct as above & if we was talking about the diamond’s page to add a little more emphasis towards diamonds in the heading & words within the page. Then the same for repairs & so on.

Would also be good to have your images named with a good alt tag in relation to what it is. IE:Dimond rings.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the info Chris.

I will go back and add more of the keywords in my text somehow.

Also, naming the images, would that be done by adding text to Alternate text in image properties?

Thanks again
      Ben.

Comment

Very nice looking site. Fast loading and a clean, easy to navigate.

One thing that caught my eye...the black writing on the dark grey background... try a little bit and experimenting with white on the grey. If that doesn't look nice, try to make your grey background a little lighter. The black text on the grey background is little bit hard to read...

Other than that and what Chris has said, great job!
        Professional Photography Services Pretoria
        Advertising for South African Businesses

Comment

Best to have something like kohinor-diamond.jpg as an image name, & Diamond cutting & polishing as an alt tag. (This is assuming it was stolen & needed some alteration)
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Very funny Collector,

I have added alt tags to my images, also included more keywords in my description.

Thanks scdsuccess,
            I have changed the text on the grey background from black to white. I must say, does look better.

Thanks guys, if you think of anything else, please let me know.

Comment

It looks so much better now.

And now that your site is done, you should now focus on SEO. It is pointless to have a website that does not generate any traffic.

Enjoy and good luck

Comment

Thanks scdsuccess,

So, SEO, can you point me in the right direction please.

Comment

Basically, research keywords. Now you may ask what is keyword research.
                  It is, in very basic terms, the stuff' you do to determine what are the best keywords to
                  use to attract people to your website.

If you do not target the right Keywords you may end up wasting your time. For
                  example, if your target keywords that are too competitive to begin with you may end
                  up getting no 1st Page Google placement at all.

Page Titles
                  Your Web Page Title, often referred to as your page Title Tag, is a very important
                  factor to consider when optimizing your website to achieve high Google rankings.
                  Get your Page Title Tags right and it is really going to help you get that 1st Page
                  Google ranking.

Keywords in your Page Content
                  There are a couple of very simple things you can do on the pages of your site using
                  your keywords, which will help you in your mission to get listed on the 1st Page of
                  Google.

Images
                  When you move your mouse over an image on a web page you often see text
                  appearing as you hover the mouse over the image. This is known as the ALT Text
                  (alternative text) or the Hover Text. If you change this ALT Text wording to match
                  your keywords again this helps Google pick up your page when searching through its
                  database.

Get a Site Map
                  If you can help Google find all of your pages as quickly as possible it is going to
                  really help you with your SEO. If your site has many pages then you need to let
                  Google know. One of the best ways of doing this is by creating a Site Map. A Site
                  Map is simply a list of all of the pages on your website, including URL's, that may
                  not be discovered by Google's normal crawling process.

Bluevoda has a built in sitemap. You will find it under the tools menu "sitemap".

SEO isn't difficult at all. I had my one website on google's first page for different keywords in its 1 week of launching. Keeping it on google's 1st page is hard work. Let me know when you are finished, and I will gladly have a look...

Regards

Comment

Looks more much better , good job scd

Comment

Working...
                    X