Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help linking page/form with submit capabilities

Hi,
    Can anyone please tell me how I can link a "Page" to a "Form" that when submitted from the "Form" will send (both) the "Page" & "Form" to our designated Email Address????

i.e., We own a catering business and this is what I've done so far:

I created a 'Menu' page.
    Then put in a navigation bar button - linking it to a 'Submit' form.
    On the 'Submit' form I've created 'Text Boxes', Combo Boxes, Edit Boxes, a 'Go To Box' & of course a button for 'SUBMIT'.
    The idea is for our customers to be able to select their menu items by clicking on 'Check Boxes' that I've put in front of each food item on the 'Menu' page. Then be able to save their selections by clicking on the 'Save Selections' button (that will take them into the 'Submit' form).
    They will fill in info & answer a few questions. Then click 'SUBMIT'.
    We need (both) the 'Menu' page & the 'Submit' form to be directed to our designated Email account, so we can reply with a quote for our catering services.

Can this work? If so, can you please give me detailed steps to make it work properly? I need to get this done before I publish & get this new site up.

Thanks,
    Debbye

Re: Help linking page/form with submit capabilities

debbyetex,

Just to clarify-
    Would you like to have them fill out a form that has multiple pages to it, linking one to the other, and when they press "submit"- all the pages go to your e-mail?

If yes- post back and we can further assist.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Andy,
      Yes, that sounds good. The problem is I've already created the 1st page (Menu Selections) as just a regular text page with little check boxes. The 2nd page (Submit Form) page is however a "Form". I won't have to re-do anything will I?????

Thanks so much,
      Debbye

Comment

debbyetex,

I believe you will- unless someone has a better soultion. Basically what I am refering to is one large (long) form broken into sections (pages) that are linked together by bookmarks. Because all the checked information or entered information is on one form - when they reach the last section and press submit, all that information is taken from the form and sent to your e-mail address.

I am preparing a tutorial with example and expect to have it finished tonight. You will be able to find it here;
        http://netisopen.com/computer/TF002/T002.html

If you are unfamiliar with how to create/setup a php mailto form,
        you can find a decent start here;
        http://netisopen.com/computer/TF001/T001.html

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

debbyetex,

I was playing around with and Idea- just an idea. If you like thinking outside the box....perhaps you might like this;

http://netisopen.com/computer/TF003/menu.html

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy,
            Thanks a ton. The "multi page form" was my next project.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Oh my gosh Andy............That's wonderful!!
              I think what you played around with just might be my solution.
              I'll re-do and let you know.
              (Too funny what you said about the redneck menu........we specialize in just that, well "Casual Catering" anyway.
              And I'm originally from Texas (now reside in Delaware) They just love our "redneck" food here!

Thanks so much for all your work & advise.
              I'll get back to you real soon with the results.

Debbye

Comment

Glad to help!

Post back should you need any further help. Also, e-mail me a link as I would love to see how it all turns out.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy,
                  What do I use to get those vertical scroll bars within my form? I see them on yours, but not on mine. What am I doing wrong? Do I use a (Text Box) (Combo Box) (IFrame) or what to enter my menu items in?

Thanks,
                  Debbye

Comment

The page I showed you has two Inline Frames side by side. Watch this tutorial to help get the set up and properties down.

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt4/28.htm

I will put together a quick tutorial tonight- so either check back late or in the morning. When it is finished- you can find it here;

http://netisopen.com/computer/TF004/T004.html

You will probably not need the tutorial- but I will prepare one just in case.

Have a good evening-

Andy
                    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

That's what I thought. Inline Frames are what I have been using. I guess I'm 2nd guessing if I'm using the right thing because I don't see the scroll bars when I preview it in my browser. They are there while I'm entering my text. Of course I haven't published the pages yet.

1 more thing, what's the best way for me to set something up for our customers to (Print) our their selected menu from us. When I print it out from my brouser it only prints an area that is a normal page length. ????

Andy, thanks so so much!
                      I really appreciate your help.

Debbye

Comment

debbyetex-

The scroll bars will show up after you publish. If you have set up the page being viewed with vertical information- then the scroll bar will show up on the right. If you see the scroll bar on the bottom- simply close in the info a little from side to side. Once the Iframe detects that the information to be viewed can fit inside the I-frame (from left to right)- the bottom scroll bar will disappear.

As to printing: I would try putting a "Print Now" button before the "Submit" button with accompanying instructions to press print before submitting form. You will need to search for "print form" script as I don't know it but know it is out there.

Andy
                        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Andy,
                          (Back from vacation yet?) I would like for you to look at the final product, if you could. I had to change the link for (Change Menu Selections) navigation button from 'http//www.cateryourparty.com/menupage.html#pg1"
                          to just: "/menu.html" for it to properly take you back up to the menu selections. Did I do it right?

Thanks, Debbye

Comment

Sorry to be such a pain, but I just tested this and when I receive the email from the (request form) I set up - I'm only getting the info from the few field boxes I set up on the form (i.e., Name, email address, phone #, comment). I need to receive the customer's menu selections from that same form. I inserted "check boxes" on the form for them to select menu items. This is the whole purpose for the form.

http://www.cateryourparty.com/menu.html

Thank so much,
                            Debbye

Comment

Can anyone help me with this? Looks like Andy is still on vacation.

Thanks so much,
                              Debbye

Comment

Working...
                              X