This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with page background

How do I create a page background, just on the left and right side of the actual page, not covering the entire window in the browser?

My page width is 994 with a header space ate the top. The background must only appear in the white spaces to the left and right of the page which is in a table, but not at the top of the page, where the logo is placed.

See this page for example of layout. http://www.lightthefireministries.org.za/test.php
    Bless you!
    Stephanus
    Light The Fire Ministries

Re: Help with page background

What you need to do is create a background that repeats across the width of your monitor. Using something like photo shop to create a image slice that will be as long as your longest page. So lets say you make it 5px wide by 2000px long. you may design it so the first 300px are white and then the other 1700px are another colour. When you insert this image via page properties it will repeat itself across the page giving you the white bit you want along the top. Then line your table up to where the white ends. This should give you the desired result. I have illustrated it here albeit the other way around to how you want it but should hopefully give you the jist.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
      What you need to do is create a background that repeats across the width of your monitor. Using something like photo shop to create a image slice that will be as long as your longest page. So lets say you make it 5px wide by 2000px long. you may design it so the first 300px are white and then the other 1700px are another colour. When you insert this image via page properties it will repeat itself across the page giving you the white bit you want along the top. Then line your table up to where the white ends. This should give you the desired result. I have illustrated it here albeit the other way around to how you want it but should hopefully give you the jist.
      Thanks DarrenC, but this is not the effect I am looking for.

I want the spaces to the left and the right of the actual page filled with color, like columns on both sides, from top to bottom, with the entire page, centered in the browser window, on a white background, like this page of vodahost: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/new...newthread&f=90.

How do I do this?
      Bless you!
      Stephanus
      Light The Fire Ministries

Comment

Not sure if this is what you are after? But remember BV hasn't got the facility of being fluid to fit all screens widths.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by StephanusvS View Post
          Thanks DarrenC, but this is not the effect I am looking for.
          I want the spaces to the left and the right of the actual page filled with color, like columns on both sides, from top to bottom, with the entire page, centered in the browser window, on a white background, like this page of vodahost: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=90. How do I do this?
          Think "layers", Stephanus ....

You will have to manually create whatever "edge" effect you desire for each side of your "page" and lay them in as individual 'shapes' or images, being careful to allow the widths for both left edge and right edge to be included in your overall 'page width' you've set in PAGE PROPERTIES. Once you have properly "set" your 'edges' you can re-order them by SEND TO BACK to render evenly and with crisp contrast, allowing the rest of your page to lay on "top" as should be.
          In this way, you can merely set your BACKGROUND as "White" color only, and select CENTER IN BROWSER to properly display the entire layout centered in the browser display completely.

To further illustrate this (and by posting to keep all "Tips" within the Forum instead of in a "private collection" subject to a personal hosting account), you can even save a copy of the very "shadow" background image you see on the left and right edges of this forum by right-clicking on either 'shadow edge' and SAVE BACKGROUND AS to your own hard drive. You can then import the "background PNG image" onto your page and once sized as desired, then SEND TO BACK so it is under all your page elements and showing as true edge treatments. When contrasted to your plain white background, the edge will give a distinction.

You can do this also with your "flame image" (your original page background image) and merely stretching it to desired size and overlap slightly the width of your page, and when sent to back, it too will create a "border" of sorts to "frame" your page proper. Or, create a SHAPE and color or texture it any way you want as well .... you can use just about any thing to do this, as long as you properly "order" the elements on your page (as in "layering").

Using this same concept, you can preserve your "white header" area (even if you wish to make your Background a different color or use an image) by creating a rectangular SHAPE without borders, colored solid White, and carefully sizing it to the exact size of your header area (covering it completely temporarily) and then SEND TO BACK so it will remain under elements you include in your Header area. This, then, will always show as a white header area no matter what color you make your background (with or without an image also), being careful to also properly size your "edges" to encompass this shape as well.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X