• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing???

Hi there
    Hope someone can help

My site is http://www.seethecolors.com
    A week ago I tried Publishing my site, but could not find my IP listed - was told to upgrade to a newer ver. of software. I did and sure enough found my IP and when I hit publish, was rewarded with a pop up," Successfully Published". Sure enough the file showed up in my cPanel but not online.

http://208.43.222.142/~seetheco/ that is my Temporary Webpage URL that was given to me by BlueVoda. It works, you will find my index page there.

Control Panel Login URL: http://208.43.222.142:2082/ - this works

This URL does not
    Once your domain has propogated, you may also use http://www.seethecolors.com:2082/ I registered my domain name in dec.

when I type in my address:http://www.seethecolors.com
    This is the url that I'm directed to http://search.freeze.com

cPanel - file - index.html - is in the public_html - so I figure the public should be able to view it - correct?, but not so - so what is wrong?

I need this figured out - this is been an issue for over a week now and I no one seems to be able to help me fix this issue.

thanks.

Re: Publishing???

You need to set the Nameserver entry for the Domain itself yet. As of now, it does not have the required data to "find" your hosting account to display the site pages.

If after you have successfully created an Add-On in your account (if the domain is not your Primary Domain for your Account), you will need to set Nameservers to your assigned servers at VodaHost so it can "find" the hosting account to "point" to. See the instructions for ENOM below.

Since you purchased/registered the domain from Enom through VodaHost, you will need to set the Nameservers for the domain, for it is simply just sitting there in your account not knowing where to point to ..... you'll need to review the Tutorials on setting your VodaHost registered (through Enom) domain Nameservers ... just as you would set Nameservers for domains at any other Registrar.

Making DNS changes at Enom.com
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi
      thanks for replying so quickly -

I registered the domain with BlueVoda when I signed up with BlueVoda so I assumed that was all taken care of?

If not - how do i go about setting the name server?
      thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jodlen View Post
        Hi
        thanks for replying so quickly - I registered the domain with BlueVoda when I signed up with BlueVoda so I assumed that was all taken care of?
        If not - how do i go about setting the name server?
        thank you.
        Blue Voda is the web building tool you are using to create your website ... VodaHost is your Hosting Provider, and ENOM is the Registrar/supplier of Domains to VodaHost from whom you purchased your domain.

You need to manually perform normal tasks and Administrative settings to your own account. Nothing is "automatic" in the internet world, and you are better off not assuming anything when dealing with computers >>

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        Since you purchased/registered the domain from Enom through VodaHost, you will need to set the Nameservers for the domain, for it is simply just sitting there in your account not knowing where to point to ..... you'll need to review the Tutorials on setting your VodaHost registered (through Enom) domain Nameservers ... just as you would set Nameservers for domains at any other Registrar.

Making DNS changes at Enom.com
        It appears that you have "rushed" to incorrectly enter Nameserver info at ENOM, as your Nameserver info is currently ns1.seethecolors.com and ns2.seethecolors.com .... it should have a "VodaHost" designation, to indicate on which VodaHost server your hosting account is located (i.e. ns1.voda11.com, ns2.voda11.com).

You do not enter a "domain name" as Nameserver info ...

You need to contact VodaHost's Domain Department to verify/confirm your Nameserver info before proceeding further if you cannot locate it on your Welcome Email you received when your hosting account was established.

Additional "Publishing" Info

Comment

Nameservers

www.seethecolors.com

Hi

I went into the client/nameservers and updated
          Nameserver 1: ns1.voda25.com
          Nameserver 2: ns2.voda25.com
          was able to see site online for an hour and then all of a sudden,problems - could not find site online. Went back to client/nameservers, this is what I found -
          Nameserver 1: ns2.voda25.com
          Nameserver 2: ns1voda25.com they had switched places, so I reset them back
          Nameserver 1: ns1voda25.com
          Nameserver 2: ns2voda25.com 3xs and each time after I saved,they would switch back.
          Any ideas?

Thanks
          Len

Comment

It doesn't matter if they automatically change "order" on the system --- what is important is that you enter the correct information!

Different companies use different systems, and sometimes they do not have the same format, but they all depend on the same data to function. The fact that you have properly entered your DNS/Nameserver info allows your domain the ability to "find" your website amongst all the servers.

As you can see, your website is now visible online.

You can always produce the optimal results using the proven methods outlined in the Tutorials, and the more familiar you become with them, the more intuitive your perspective will become.

Glad to see you have successfully resolved this initial challenge, and am looking forward to the evolution of your website!

Comment

Thank you

have a good day..

Len

Comment

Comment