Page height and width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page height and width

Hi i have been building my website and after i recently checked it i noticed my page width and height isnt right for a particular page, i have tried to adjust it in page properties but it doesnt seem to have changed, can i not change after i have built my page? I set the width and height for my pages in page properties at the start but want to change them now as when i view the page doesnt look right on the right hand side.

Thanks

Nicole

Re: Page height and width

Yes you can change them. You need to ensure that nothing has moved because if, even for a second while you are re-arranging, something moves out of the set page width then BV will automatically widen the page to accomodate it. It's the same for length too. I change my page, make sure I'm happy and all is how it should be, then the last thing I do before I save is to set the page width.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply, i have just had a play around again with the width but again when i view it theres loads of space not being used on the right hand side, is this normal? I have set my page to be in the centre so im still not sure what im doing wrong!

Thanks

Nicole

Comment

Originally posted by nicole
        Hi thanks for your reply, i have just had a play around again with the width but again when i view it theres loads of space not being used on the right hand side, is this normal? I have set my page to be in the centre so im still not sure what im doing wrong!
        Hi Nicole,
        Ok, have you tried the page without centering it - if not then try it. Don't forget to clear your cache (if it's a published page - your cache will remember it before the changes). If you are still getting the problem then there is probably something there that you can't see. Like an empty text box or something. Do a click drag (lassoe type thingy) from the top left to bottom right of the 'blank' space - this will show up anything that is lurking there. If you are still struggling, if it's a published page, let us know the URL then we can have a look.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi again no it isnt a published page. i feel like im being really think and missing something haha! I have tried to move my template further over to the right and when i viewed it was ok BUT then it goes over the dotted line down the page which i assume is my cut off point, this i assumed was where my page width ends but when i adjust the width it doesnt moved ahhhhhhhh! Sorry for being a pain im new to this web building!

Is there anyway you can look without it being published, probably not!

Nicole

Comment

nicole,

Something has moved beyond the 800 width. Have you used the ruler to make sure nothing is beyond the 800 width? (View>rulers)

Once- I had opened a text box and deleted the default text and accidently closed it. It becomes invisable. It took me a while to find it by clicking around. Just a thought.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Try this reset page properties to 800 wide. Next click on the template and view the html and be sure it is 800 wide. Another way is to just select use original image.

You want that page centered with dead spaces on each side when viewing. pet121

Comment

Hi,
                When in Bluevoda site maker, click on Layout at the top of the screen, then click on Guide settings & tick all the boxes. (Show grid/show table/show guide border). Then set the width to 800 & the height to 600, the grid spacing you could leave at 10x10. Press ok. When you see the screen it will have a background map of your web page that you can work within. (All these dots & lines wont show on your web page)

Now make your page up within the 800x600 area, but before you save it, right click on a clear page area & select page property’s & have a look to see if your page size has stayed the same. If it has changed reset it to 800X600 & then save.

Cheers,

Chris.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi everyone thanks for your replies. Chris i have just followed your instructions and everything is saved as you said. I have just viewed it again on preview and it looks the exact same, im just assuming it will be ok when i publish as i cant see anything wrong with the page!

Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to help.

Nicole

Comment

make sure nothing in your page goes past the size you want i.e. text boxes, etc as Bluevoda will reset the size of your page to make sure everything fits.

if you turn on "object outline", found in view you can check
                    www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
                    BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
                    Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

Hi Nicole,
                      one thing worth checking, Have a look at the bottom of your screen when in BV & check there is no scroll bar. If you have the size set for 800x600 & all is ok there shouldnt be a left to right scroll bar. If there is! slide the scroll bar to the right & make sure you havnt got any items off screenn, like a text box or picture. BV will size the screen to that item if there is! right click on the item & deleate it, (if its not wanted). A good way to find out is right click for page propertys & reset to 800X600, Press ok Then do the same again & see if the size has jumped back up to a larger size. If this happens there must be somthing hidden off screen.
                      PS. also if you have set the 800x600 at the start & you drag anything over the 800 line when editing the page, it will change the page size.(i have found this a pain to) So set the page size just before viewing.

Cheers,

Chris.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris and Maddog, Chris there isnt a scroll bar at the bottom and i have just checked my settings there still at 800x600 so i assume it will be ok when i publish!

I assume after i publish i can still make some changes anyway?

Thanks again

Nicole

Comment

Originally posted by nicole
                          Hi Chris and Maddog, Chris there isnt a scroll bar at the bottom and i have just checked my settings there still at 800x600 so i assume it will be ok when i publish!

I assume after i publish i can still make some changes anyway?

Thanks again

Nicole
                          Yes, Nicole. You can update your page whenever and as often as you like, just simply re-publish when you're happy with the changes. It will overwrite the previous page.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

One other thing!
                            when your in the area to set the page size, make sure you tick the box (center in browser). otherwise It will all be over to the left of your screen.
                            And yes , when ever you publish a page it will overwrite the page on your site. (Thats if you dont change the name of the page).

Good luck,

Chris.
                            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yipeeeee! Thanks Chris thats what i hadnt done silly me! Its looks perfect now!

THANKS SO MUCH and to everyone else

Nicole

Comment

Working...
                              X