This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iFrame Different in Chrome

I have published a page with an i-frame and both Firefox and IE8 render the i-frame with its toolbar and custom border, but not Chrome. Any solution to this?

Tis is the page in question:

At the same time IE8 adds to the page length at the bottom, which is contrary to the set width. Why is this...
    Bless you!
    Stephanus
    Light The Fire Ministries

Re: I-frame appearing differently in Chrome

No. As mentioned repeatedly, different browsers behave differently on Viewer monitors.
    In displaying a PDF, you must adjust your overall "box" which you set the width and height of whatever it is you are intending to show ... if you do not leave enough margin around your presentation, browsers tend to default to a rendered display despite whatever settings you have configured. Be sure to "Allow" scrollers, and to once again, leave enough margin in how you size your Blue Voda "Box" so the PDF can fully present without defaulting (you are using a weak HTML tool -- iFrame -- on a PHP coded page, which browsers often have difficulties resolving. Better off keeping everything PHP).

I cannot emphasize enough the suggestion to avoid using iFrames entirely and applying with detailed forethought the PHP method instead. PHP as a code is much more stable, universally functional, and in your particular case, will add the necessary coding to the Parent Page to provide the values and METRICS the Search Engines depend on.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili,

Thank you again.

In general I do not use i-frames, but in this particular instance thought it the best way to go. This page contains nothing but an excerpt from my book, which is just long enough that I did not want o publish it all on one page, due to the required page length for this.

How would I use php in this instance, just an html box with the text in?
      Bless you!
      Stephanus

Comment

You're right --- for a PDF an iFrame is the easiest way, especially if you are trying to "protect" your writing by presenting it as a document not likely to be as prone to copying (which makes not much sense, if the PRINT button is presented in the PDF frame). Mixing an iFrame HTML on pages that are now being published as PHP is simply confusing browsers somewhat, I think.

As I suggested way back, why not simply copy+paste your writing as normal text in a BV scrollbox?
        Actually, it's called a "Combobox" in BV, and has an icon in the "Forms" area top-right of the Toolbar. I've done this a multitude of times without any issues (including Search), as you can see most recently in this still-in-development site here, and, even using multiples on a single page as seen here.
        No need for iFrames or 'single Menu PHP method'!

Whatever you think best. Just remember each browser has their own peculiarities, and that is why you need to "proof" your web pages using serveral when attempting to establish a modicum of universal viewablity.

Comment

Thanks Vasili.

I appreciate the time you take to educate me in this regard. I am learning a lot.
          Bless you!
          Stephanus

Comment

Originally posted by StephanusvS View Post
            Thanks Vasili.
            I appreciate the time you take to educate me in this regard. I am learning a lot.
            We have all been there, and started in the very same place. That's how we roll here in VodaTalk - together!

Comment

Working...
            X