Key word Search site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key word Search site

Not sure if this is where to ask but here it goes.

Im thinking of building a website full of industry data over the past 3-5 years. Including auction results with seller, item listed, and price it sold for. Is this possible to build a website through blue voda or soholaunch that is Key word based. Meaning some one knows the item they want to research, they type it in and all the auction results for that item comes up on screen.

I am part of a very niche industry and there is nothing like this on the market. If this could be done it could be huge for my industry. Before i go and start collecting data i want to make sure its possible in blue voda.

Thank you all for your time.

Re: Key word Search site

You could add a simple Site-Search tool to your BlueVoda site to locate resources as you suggest, if you like, and probably you would find the best results using Google's Site Search simply as they have the lion's share of associations available to aid in the baseline relevancy searches of your site Content (which should be "optimized" using all the methods discussed in these Forums) in contrast to Bing (which relies more on consumer trending) or one of the "freebies" that perfom minimally and focus instead in collecting data rather than responding to it.

However ... if you are looking for a more complete and integrated Search function pre-installed and can consider some foundations other than BlueVoda (which will require you to learn a new toolset in order to "customize"), I would steer you to using Joomla, a CMS Content Management System that has built into it the fully featured Search functions including Tags, KW, titles as tags, categories, etc. CMS (Joomla) is meant particularly for larger, or more "stable" websites that have a lot of pages or a depth of content in contrast to Wordpress which is meant to be updated more regularly with smaller "pages/posts" that normally are individually not as contributive to the overall elevation of values upon website overall as much as upon the Page Content and for boolean type searches.

And, although Joomla and Wordpress both have preset instructions to the SE's to re-visit the sites, Joomla requires less frequency than the Wordpress daily or weekly settings, which allows Joomla's contents to be visited and cached on a deeper level and to not "diappoint" the bots if no updates have been made since the last visit. Defined by the code itself, Joomla is perfect for websites with a lot of content that does not change too often, and Wordpress is perfect for "dynamic" sites that require a bit less formal organization and more "attention" from the SE's, even though it too can be used for eCommerce or in a fashion to appear more like CMS. For the novice, Wordpress require a less of a learning curve to "customize" and operate than CMS, but this "lightness" is rather transparent across the whole foundation as well -- no matter how it is dressed up.

You can get good results using BlueVoda and Google's Site Search, but will likely get outstanding results using Joomla (CMS). IMO.

Joomla is a free one-click install via Fantastico in your hosting account cPanel.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

my industry is very specific. Most of our products are sold at a live auction.The data i would have to use is data i gather myself and compile into one website. The data that i want to refrence is not on the web at all. IF it is there are no descriptions just lot number and price sold at that auction not a product description. We have 12 auctions per year and average well into 200 lots per auction. The lots that we sell are Animal/ Live stock high end animals with pedigrees. A site like this could be huge for my industry as a quick refrence to what a simular animal went for at recent auction. This could help our breeders put value to an animal. It would be the first of its kind!!!!

Now i assume google is out of the question now do to insufficient data, is this correct? and now is Joomla still an option to create data pages and a key word search for the site? Can my project still be done?LOL

I picture a site where some one can go in and type a animals name and any Auction lot with that animal in would pop up on screen and show the prices that those lots went for.

I might be a dreamer on this.LOL and it might be a lot of work but is this still possible?

Thank you for your time Vasili

Comment

Google (Site Search) is not out of the question, if you decide to use Blue Voda to create your pages, as Google has more information indexed than any other Search Engine.

If you decide to go with Joomla, you will need to enter whatever information yourself, and will appreciate the fact Joomla makes that an easy process and that the tools are included not only for Site Search but to update, tag, and optimize all of which are handy and partially automatic. You should visit the Joomla homepage to experiment yourself with some of the demo's rather than wonder and assume.

Don't over-think the "project" ..... you'll get further along if you simply start and refine your plan as you go.

Comment

Vasili thank you, and you are truly a blessing to the blue voda crew and forums here.
          Thanks again and i will keep you posted.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X