This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template trouble..?

Sorry to trouble any of you, but I seem to be in a bit of a pinch. You see, I've read and watched the Creating a template from Scratch tutorial as well as the Adding bv templates to bluevoda. And between the two, I'm assuming I've done so right. I've added shape(s) and images onto a blank page in blue voda. After doing so, File > Save as a Template (Ctrl + T). Doing that I come to this window:

As you can see there are already two other attempts here, of the same template, after not being able to find the first attempt anywhere when I go to File > Open > (search around) > Template > (Back) > (Search around every other folder in Documents\Bluevoda)

Doing that as a precaution, I go Image Icon > Templates > (Back||Theres nothing here) > Images > (Search every image to make sure) > Then searching every folder/file her Documents\Bluevoda

I searched images first but began searching everything else. Did I save this wrong? Am I to put a ".example" extension on the file naming part?

I apologize in advanced for anything I may have done wrong, causing you to waste your time.
    Editha

Website 1
    Website 2

Re: Template trouble..?

Hi Editha

I am not sure to have understood your problem correctly. So, I will try to explain how to deal with templates.

After you have created the page you will use later as a template, you need to save it, giving an adequate name.
    Click on File - Save as Template.
    The Save as Template screen appears. It lists the templates saved before. Type in the name of your new template and click on OK. The template will be stored in the Templates directory.
    Later, when you want to use that template, click on File - New Page - From Template...
    The Select Template screen appears, displaying a miniature of all the available templates.
    Click on the template you will use to highlight it and then on OK.
    Your new page should be as you designed your template. From there, you can insert any other element you may wish.

(NOTE: If you are going to work using an existing template, DO NOT click on the New icon. It will open a totally blank page only, without giving you access to your templates)

I hope this help you.

German

We are a premiere pond and waterfall installer in Oregon’s Willamette Valley and surrounding areas. With Willamette Waterscapes, you can be assured your water feature will be of the highest quality.
    German
    www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Re: Template trouble..?

Originally posted by germansin View Post
      Hi Editha

Later, when you want to use that template, click on File - New Page - From Template...
      The Select Template screen appears, displaying a miniature of all the available templates.
      Click on the template you will use to highlight it and then on OK.
      Your new page should be as you designed your template. From there, you can insert any other element you may wish.

(NOTE: If you are going to work using an existing template, DO NOT click on the New icon. It will open a totally blank page only, without giving you access to your templates)

I hope this help you.

German

www.alfil-sa.com
      Thank you! Sorry I got so in detail with what I was doing, I forgot to ask the question.. Very sorry for any trouble. But yes! I could not understand how I was so use the template. Between the two tutorials which opens a template through image, and the other tutorial video that just shows you how to save it. I was confused.

Thank you again!
      Editha

Website 1
      Website 2

Comment

Working...
      X