This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands in the air

I have published for the second time, with no success. I have spent the last 3 weeks solid reading the forums and reviewing tutorials and I obviously am still not getting it! I deleted all files from public_html and republished after corrections(?) and get a new page: of/images-themakuufarmersmarket.com. Would you please take a look at themakuufarmersmarket.com and tell me specifically where I am off. Is it my link titles, page titles or? PLEEEZE help me. Sempr fi.

Re: Hands in the air

You are incorrectly publishing your page as home when the first page of any website must be published as index.

Re-name, re-save, and re-publish your page as index (lower case letters) and nothing else.

You should be publishing to IP: 208.43.222.132 and your Nameserver info is ns1.voda31.com, ns2.voda31.com ... hopefully you properly entered your DNS/Nameserver info at GDddy and did not instead create a 're-direct' or any forwarding. In any event, hopefully also you are Publishing using the proper method.

* If you have created any links to your "Home" page, go back and correct them prior to re-saving and re-publishing to be included also, to look like this: www.themakuufarmersmarket.com only, since the index page will always default to display first.

It also looks as as if you have created a re-direct, or possibly a Domain Forwarding. If you have done this, remove it.
    You may have also inadvertantly created a hyperlink on the page itself, or improperly added an "Event" .... rather difficult to imagine, but possible. Be sure prior to re-publishing your page that you check to be sure this is not what you have done, and if you find it, remove it.

If you have not created any of these, either you have once again messed with your account's folders not knowing what you are doing (.htaaccess??), or possibly your account has been hacked. If either is the case, Contact Support for another Account Reset mentioning the reason for your request.

PS: I was able to get a snapshot of your page, and you may wish to correct the link at the bottom: MFA.org does not belong to you but to the Boston Museum of Fine Art! Additionally, MFMA.org is owned by the Minnesota Farmers Market Association .... be sure of what you are publishing online, that it is accurate and legal!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I wish you luck .... you have had something of a rocky start!

Maybe someone else will stop in to share some real wisdom to help identify your problem and offer a solution to get you back on track.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili. Thanks for your time and thoughts..but it is not luck that I need right now, it is direction. The wheels are about to fall off this beautiful vision. I have hit the wall and need some serious guidance..from anyone. Part of my problem is linking the pages together as 8 are broken links and I have 7 pages. Mahalo. John

Comment

I can send screen shots of what I have done if that will help.

Comment

Your home page opens OK until Google Maps tries to load. Delete that and republish; other problems may show up then but at least we may be able to see them.
            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

josprey (greetings from Kauai):

All your pages work for me except the index page. I'd delete it and rebuild from scratch. You do need to make a couple of changes...

Your pages are too wide at 1200px. Reduce to 960.

The Papyrus font is not websafe, meaning only people with Papyrus installed will see your site as intended--others will see a sloppy mess with a substitute font. Replace all of it with something safe (BV shows these in the font dropdown menu).

Looks like you also need to change the height of the pages, as I can't scroll down to the end of any of the pages.

All pages need to be centered (one isn't).

The title logo looks odd set off to the left. I'd align it on top of the rest of the body.

And again, I'd delete the Google Maps and the Revolver maps thing.

Your index page has several links to a vitamin supplier--are those supposed to be there?

And your bottom link goes to themakuufarmersmarket.ORG which doesn't exist.

So, yeah. It means work. :)

Tom
              CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
              CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
              CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
              X