This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.b.m.

I have developed a problem with one of my Add On websites whereby when I publish, a button of one page will bleed over onto another, totally unrelated, page. No sooner do I fix it by uploading again, than another two or three pages are defaced. I've made sure all the pages, sizes, perameters etc are good, changed the type of button etc, but all to no avail. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Re: N.b.m.

Provide a URL to the website in question as outlined in and required by Forum protocol 'How To Ask For Assistance' so your issue can be reviewed properly to determine the specific solution.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Ah Ok, sorry. It took me so long to discover how to put a question in this complex system, I forgot what I read initially. I am www.whereitis.co.uk/watchfield.chronicle The Index page displays my exact problem. Thanks

Comment

Me again. Sorry, I was looking at one of my cached pages. There is a good example of my problem on page 30 of the above, about half way down the page. Thanks

Comment

You have used the "Save As" command to create pages from an original page.

This means that images (shapes, buttons etc) in ALL pages have the same names. If you now edit the button / shape in one of the pages and you publish it, it will affect other pages too as all the pages use the same naming for buttons / shapes.

Solution:

For all problematic pages, CUT the problematic objects and paste them back using the toolbar Paste icon (do NOT use the Right Click Paste comand)

This will create new istances of the problematic objects with unique IDs and names, thus solving the issue. Save, Publish, Refresh your browser to test.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I get it, many thanks.......

Comment

Working...
            X