Image Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Problems

I am publishing a new page for an add-on domain and any image I add to the page will not show up on the website when pulled up in a browser....I have tried saving the images as different files (ie. .jpeg, .gif, .png) Nothing will work.
    I have designed many websites and have never come across this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
    Thanks for the help,
    OGC
    Last edited by OGC; 05-03-2011, 01:20 PM. Reason: email notification

Re: Image Problems

here is the site so you can see what I mean about the image.

Comment

How in fact are you publishing?
      You have a very large audio file that you are publishing as part of the page, and it may be your image has not been properly formatted (has too large a file size yet: 490 kb when optimal is far less than 100 kb = run it through PixResizer to reduce file size) and is not loading/publishing properly during the session as it is 'competing' with the audio file ..... try instead to load the audio file separately onto the server in your public_html/ directory and linking to it directly instead of "browsing" for it on your local system to "publish" along with the BV page (simply type in the direct URL to the audio file, i.e.: http://www.elightenedone.net/audio-file-name-here.mpg instead of the URL to your local file).

You may wish also to import your image onto your page using the same method: linking to it as a separately pre-loaded image, as it is seemingly already on the server > http://enlightenedone.net/images/enl...e_logo_web.gif
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili, Thank you for your time and help. I am publishing this site as add-on domain to my original account. It is the first time I have tried an add-on instead of having the contracting company purchase their own IP address. So I am designing it through the BlueVoda design program and publishing it as an add-on domain. I did as suggested by the customer support in clearing my web-browser and I have inserted the images as the videos suggest. I also took off the large sound file again and reload the page with just the image and it is still not coming up. I have never had this problem before. :( I want to try what you are suggesting with the "linking to it directly", but I'm not sure how to do that. Can you guide me?

Comment

Vasili, I just got the answer from Hank in customer support. I forgot to add the domain name into my hotlink protect. It is fixed now....thanks for your time :)

Comment

Check your Hotlink protection, adding your domain to the Whitelist.
            If that doesn't help, then there is only a work-around method to suggest that I know of ... It may sound rather odd, but try using an Ad Banner Rotator with a single image:

1. from the BV Toolbar, INSERT > ADVANCED > AD BANNER ROTATOR
            2. select the image from your local file to have only this image populate the Rotator initially.
            3. In Rotator PROPERTIES, highlight the single image path, and select EDIT IMAGE
            4. In the URL field, paste in the pre-loaded image path: http://enlightenedone.net/images/enl...e_logo_web.gif
            5. This then, allows for two separate "sources" for the image to pre-load from (from a "C://" local source and an online source).
            6. Be sure to remove any LOOP or duration settings, so it will show only the single image.

This might by-pass any browser restrictions you are experiencing by allowing the "Rotator" to populate your page via a coded, pre-loaded" image directly online.

Comment

Originally posted by OGC View Post
              Vasili, I just got the answer from Hank in customer support. I forgot to add the domain name into my hotlink protect. It is fixed now....thanks for your time :)
              Well, alrighty then!

Comment

Working...
              X