New WebSite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New WebSite

Just starting to work on this web site - index page is probably done, lots of work to do on most other pages - but wanted to get the feel for it and a lot of the setting up done. I think all the links work and the pages themselves are formed. All the items have to be photographed, put in, labeled etc. also need paypal or something also need to do more work for SEs
    Want to put image on "success" page of contact form but can't seem to do it.

lots of re-learning to do for me.
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Re: New WebSite

Since you're just getting started (pretty much), it is easier to deal with the fact your site is way to wide at 1261 pixels according to today's standard allowances.

The maximum recommended is 960 pixels wide, and at the most without being heavily sanctioned or disruptive to the majority of Vistor views is 984 pixels wide.

It will be quite some time yet until the world evolves to the standardization of the 1024 view/resolution, especially since Visitors using devices (cell phones, tablets, etc.) is growing exponentially, so keeping pages well under 1000 pixels wide is important even if devices now allow a truer view including Flash (which really means they no longer need to "compensate" and provide an abbreviated site view, and render a fuller view instead, so your site needs to be better conforming if it is to be "Visitor-Friendly" and not require exaggerated magnification and heavy scrolling to navigate or even read easily).

This may also project a proportion upon your site which may help to add a tighter "feel" and more closely organized "flow" without being too much of a strain, so be sure you have also reduced the image file sizes for faster load and to keep page files size lean. Just a couple of things to deal with as you are just starting out ...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I wondered about the size - all pages are now changed to 984 thank you
      also changed logo and nav buttons
      will start working on photographs and text and SE stuff.
      Ann

Comment

Have completely redone entire look of site - still have lots of work to do but think I'm going right direction - also wanted to let Vasili and Naval know I got the captcha working but that thread was closed.
        Ann

Comment

Sorry about that, Ann! We kinda ran that one into the ground, didn't we???

Glad you got things working right .... methinks often it is simply a matter of terminology and semantics try8ing to "clarify" the complicated stuff we do everyday with these fangled computers and heady scripting stuff! Ha! (trying to make it sound like some fancy technology stuff we do, so to offer a bit of kudos!)

I like the newer look, and expect you to fare better being pleased as well.
          You know? I can even see you changing the backgrounds according to the season .... that would be something rather special. Might even use the same tree shot outside your house or something, to make it more "real" and personal. Just an idea ....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Very interesting idea -thanks.
            Ann

Comment

Back again, have almost finished web site - still have to do the "about us" page. I think I've got all the links working and the spelling corrected.
              Would love everyones input - on how to improve it - also how is it for the search engines?
              Ann

Comment

Hummmm???? don't know if no comments is a good or bad thing. or doesn't any one check things out any more?
                Ann

Comment

Working...
                X