Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem when publishing BV to web

Re-Post as last one disappeared??
    I was wondering if any one is experiencing the same problem.

In BV I click publish then select either, "Publish all files" or "Publish changed files only" and click the publish button.

The box appears saying "Publishing" then the whole page freezes and in the bar at the top of the publishing box it says "Not responding".

[IMG]http://www.skills999.co.uk/1q.jpg[/IMG]

I can either wait or press enter on my keyboard to cancel.

Either way the page remains frozen for up to a minute then the "Successfully published" box pops up and the page is published.

I have re-installed BV and am running version 11
    My Broadband speed is about 2mbps.

I have used BV before with a previous version and never had a problem.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Problem when publishing BV to web

This is an "issue" that is solely on your end, and nothing wrong with BlueVoda at all. Additionally, the "solution" could be easily found by a simple Forum Search, which would have given you a large selection of previously answered posts to find one you are comfortable using to resolve your problems.

You are receiving it because you are trying to upload a very large file, or your internet connection speed is very slow (or if using Wireless, is not as clean as could be -- try resetting your modem and router and eliminating other hardware demands during publishing: turn off printer, etc.). The first thing you will want to do is run a pix resizer over all your photographs to compress their size: http://www.vodahost.com/pix.htm

After you have done this:

1) Open up BlueVoda
    2) Go to Tool >> Option >> Publish

Change the "timeout" limit to 600 or more.

Also make sure that you are using the latest version of BlueVoda, and that you are not running numerous programs in the background that would decrease your available RAM during Publishing.

The fact your pages Publish properly despite whatever Progress is displayed makes the issue moot, and thus somewhat unworthy to post, don't you think?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you Vasili for your reply, I have looked through the forum but not found anyting relevant.
      I am not putting down BV as I think its a great product and not had any problems before.

I am just finding this issue frustrating as I have publushed pages of a greater size in the past with no problems at all.

I have changed to Change the "timeout" limit to 600 or more. But no difference I will keep trying.

Comment

There are a lot of threads regarding "publishing freezing" in BlueVoda, actually!

I have personally grown to disregard the "intermittent visibility" of the Progress dialog for years now, knowing that it is simply a small issue (since it doesn't affect publishing, only my impatience) and most likely due to my long sessions using BV, the type of and number of times I have tweaked a certain page and saving it, etc.

And, often it is due to the specific computer I am working on. Too many variables to get annoyed with ... again, as long as it functions the way I want it to, I really could care less about how "accurately" the Publish Progress dialog presents. Been through too many versions of BlueVoda and seen so many upgrades and bugs worked out that I am not fastidious about the 'gauges and speedometers' as much as I am about the performance when the 'rubber hits the road.'

Personally, that is.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili, Thank you for your reply, You are right, there are too many variables to get annoyed with I will have to chill out and not get buged by it. As long a the page gets published, thats the main thing. Good point about different computers I thing it started when I went from desktop to laptop!

Comment

Working...
          X