Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new index page for subdomain won't show...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new index page for subdomain won't show...

That's what you get for not updating for a while - you forget everything :(

I have an account at vodahost with www.gruy.biz - anything there I publish to public_html

The subdomain www.hunterhayes.eu is (or was?) published to public_html/hunterhayes.eu

I have just updated the index for this page to just that but at
    www.hunterhayes.eu
    it's still the old one that shows up - the new one I can find under
    www.hunterhayes.eu/index.html

What did I do wrong?
    Thanks all!
    Claudia
    www.gruy.biz
    www.hunterhayes.eu
    www.hunterhayes.de
    www.hunterhayes.at

Re: new index page for subdomain won't show...

Your server may have been updated, and if that is the case, you may publishing to the old server/IP that no longer displays the active hosting account. Check the NEWS Forum to see if you need to publish to a new IP (and possibly download an updated copy of BlueVoda with the new IP listed to publish with).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Even though all the other updated pages/links for that subdomain show and are new?!

Comment

REVIEW THIS POST

Make sure you are publishing properly .... (as seen in the BlueVoda Publish Dialog Box):

To an Add-On domain (which they ARE>> public_html/hunterhayes.eu

To a Sub-Domain (which they are NOT) >> public_html/gruy.biz/hunterhayes.eu

And, if in fact he has his OWN accont, simply publish it to > public_html/ ...<< (leave it blank)

You may need to double-check your links, making sure not only your pages are properly titled, but that you created the links specifically for those page titles.

Another thing may be that you could have 2 different "index" pages, and they are competing to be the default version: the first-published of any duplicated page will always retain default position, so if you see in cPanel or BlueFTP that you do have duplicated pages you may wish to delete both and re-publish the "correct" page entirely.

Lastly, be sure your "refreshed" browser is lean and properly functioning: it may be caching, or not resolving. Clean your Temp files, and possibly consider resetting both your modem and router. Your last effort would be to flush your DNS cache as shown here.

Comment

I took ALL steps suggested and last flushed the DNS cache (although I got a different ip as result as mentioned) - but IT DID THE JOB! Update is there now! Although it seems now I have to republish everything... but that's fine with me! Thank you after all (it seems to not have been my mistake after all ;o) ...)
          Sincerely,
          cg

Comment

Originally posted by lilprincess View Post
            I took ALL steps suggested and last flushed the DNS cache - IT DID THE JOB! Update is there now! Thank you ;o) ...
            Glad you got things squared away!

Comment

Working...
            X