X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pages not publishing correctly

Hi,
    I am aware of the server rehash etc - but I dont understand what I read in the relevant posts on this forum. My problem is one of not finding my published pages on the net.
    In the posts relating to the upgrade I neither see my number which is
    ns1.voda23.com and ns2.voda23.com. (if these are the numbers that refer, i dont know), but not being a computer geek I am afraid I dont know where else to look . Please assist. Though the numbers given alongside these quoted here above are very different from the numbers I publish to.

The page I am trying to publish is http://www.sitesunion.com.heidelberg.html
    and others.
    Thank you

Re: Pages not publishing correctly

You mentioned above the paired DNS/Nameserver assignments, which has nothing to do with the server IP you publish to is not anything like the specific server IP address your account has been assigned which you should be publishing to.

Your current assigned server IP address is 74.86.118.24 and you should see this in your PUBLISH Dialog list in Blue Voda. If not, you will need to download a new version of BlueVoda and re-install it over your currently installed version: DO NOT DELETE BLUE VODA FROM YOUR COMPUTER, as in doing so, you will delete any saved files along with it .... simply install the new BlueVoda over your current installation (according to instructions).

When it comes to the link you provided above .... it is an invalid link and probably is the reason you are having issues: if "heidelberg" is a properly created Sub-Domain, the link should look like http://heidelberg.siteunion.com and should be published in BlueVoda as "public_html/siteunion.com/heidelberg/"

If it is supposed to be a properly created Sub-Directory of the Main site "SiteUnion.com" the link should look like http://www.siteunion.com/heidelberg and it needs be published in BlueVoda as "public_html/heidelberg/"

You may need tro review the various Tutorials to see what step you mistook or need to correct. You should also review this post for simple clarification, and understand the concepts in this thread as well.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Pages not publishing correctly (cont.)

I have reinstalled BV - Great - everything works - but the page still does not publish.
      These are the pages I published. I published both to 74.86.118.24 at public_html/ only the Sharonpark page opens -

and

The latter one opens and is visible on the web - the heidelberg page does not - where have I missed the boat please? I have altered the capital letter in heidelberg to a lower case letter, thinking this was the problem - not so.
      Please assist further
      Thank you

Comment

Gee, Hans ... it's really hard to tell since your site is not normal with navigation to other pages or with a structure that is shared from the Main Index page to the other "stand-alone" type of pages. Makes it rather difficult to pickan answer out of thin air rahter than have a standard reference to compare or analyze!

Is this some effort to be clever by having single stand-alone pages for different cities, as if mimicing separate websites (non-linked pages to appear to SE's as if they are totally separate, albeit within the same directory)? Or is this simply intended to be "index" pages for separate sub-directory sites?

It all depends on how you are publishing them, most likely .... either as single "pages" or as 'index' pages to a sub-directory, or maybe even to a sub-domain! One publishes, and the other does not - strange, if the manner of publishing is exactly the same (which does not seem likely).

Something more needs to be disclosed: are these single pages, pages to a sub-directory, or pages to a sub-domain?; what exactly are you filling in the PUBLISH Dialog box in the field next to "public_html/"??

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          Gee, Hans ... it's really hard to tell since your site is not normal with navigation to other pages or with a structure that is shared from the Main Index page to the other "stand-alone" type of pages. Makes it rather difficult to pickan answer out of thin air rahter than have a standard reference to compare or analyze!

Is this some effort to be clever by having single stand-alone pages for different cities, as if mimicing separate websites (non-linked pages to appear to SE's as if they are totally separate, albeit within the same directory)? Or is this simply intended to be "index" pages for separate sub-directory sites?

It all depends on how you are publishing them, most likely .... either as single "pages" or as 'index' pages to a sub-directory, or maybe even to a sub-domain! One publishes, and the other does not - strange, if the manner of publishing is exactly the same (which does not seem likely).

Something more needs to be disclosed: are these single pages, pages to a sub-directory, or pages to a sub-domain?; what exactly are you filling in the PUBLISH Dialog box in the field next to "public_html/"??
          Reply ...

These are pages that belong to a existing web site - sitesunion.com.
          I do not understand the diference between publishing as single pages or
          some other way of publishing - use only the method which published the one page sucessfully but not the other. The inscriptions on the pull down publishing facility are exactly as described in my previous email and are as always used.
          They are built in the normal way. I do not understand your comment that my site is not normal with navigation - please explain.
          The pages are published as stated in my previous post. I click on publish - the pop up menu from which we publish appearsa and has the following information displayed on it is 74.86.118.24 and the other info is exactly as this, viz:- public_html/
          I have saved the pages in the sitesunion domain folder. The page is on my screen and I merely publish without touching anything in the publishing menu. It sees one page on the web, but not the other. My preview works normally on both pages.
          I can not answer the question of wether these pages are sub-directory or sub domain or what ever, I dont know the difference. I want them to be seen in the sitesunion site when I send the URL as folows to a person e.g. by email

As for me trying to be clever - please wipe that out of your mind... I am not trying to do anything as I am no computer geek and shall not try anything untoward for fear of losing all I have done. Everything I do is as per the method I have done ever since I first became a member many years ago, this is the first publishing problem I have experienced apart from when I was learning your software. I publish these and all other pages in the same manner, the only manner I know. One page published sucessfully the other not.
          I have looked at the problem page from all sides and do not see what the problem is, hence my approach to the forum.

A none show for the one page only on the web remains the problem, but note that on completion of publishing it says sucessfully published.
          I remain baffled.

Hans

Comment

1. Because your pages are not linked, they are "stand-alone" types, which thwarts proper SEO protocols and may actually reflect negativly from the SE's as they evaluate the site wholly. This is not a "normal" website construct, but merely a repository of web pages without structure or inter-relevancy. Hopefully you do not have a sitemap installed ...

2. If you are publishing in the proper manner to a single-directory site (with nothing typed to the right of "public_html/" in the Dialog) and if in fact you are publishing to the proper IP address assigned to your account (you affirmed the address I mentioned, but have not yet indicated you confirmed it with Support) then I suspect there is something amiss with your site in general, possibly a hack page that is preventing normal function. It may also be a glitch on the server created during migration/upgrade --- it's going around freaking everyone out, so if this is the case, it too is a Support issue and not a Forum postable one.

3. Double-check all the spelling, just in case .... too often it is something incredibly basic like this that we can't see at first, being so focused on the other "bigger" matters! ;^)

Bottom Line: If you are doing everything by the book, including publishing to the absolute correct IP, then Contact Support to rectify. There is nothing anyone on the Forums can do to help you ...

Comment

Page not Publishing - solution may assist others

My problem was solved. I thought it may be interesting to know the reason for the page not publishing. May assist some other people. To get the problem resolved Vasili referred me to customer support. I did this.
              They too had a few attempts at my problem - they resolved it after a few attempts by pointing out my mistake which was this...
              My page was saved with a space between the name and the .bvp file extension thus heidelberg .bvp which is ofcourse wrong.
              Thank you Vasili and thanx to the BV support team.
              Hans

Comment

Re: Page not Publishing - solution may assist others

Glad you got things back on track, Hans!

However, I tried to keep things simple for you (knowing you cringe when confronted with technical details) and even kept suggestions to a minimum ... clearly asking you to take a close look at the spelling (typos) of your pages before reaching out to support:

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                3. Double-check all the spelling, just in case .... too often it is something incredibly basic like this that we can't see at first, being so focused on the other "bigger" matters! ;^)
                Bottom Line: If you are doing everything by the book, including publishing to the absolute correct IP, then Contact Support to rectify.

Comment

Working...
                X