X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML Header as h1 Tag??

Hi,

So, I'm trying to replace my template header with my H1 header but can't manage to figure out how to smoothly move it around the page. Especially the down part. I get the moving to the left and right, just not down. Can anyone help me please? This is for my site www.dawsonparalegal.com and is in HTML.

Thanks,

Scott

Re: format of text in h1 tags

Your HTML graphical Header is not the same thing as your H-META Header or h1 tag at all!

H-META is applied to text (Content) for relevacy emphasis according to a method specifically created for text and page structure.
    For this Community the common web builder tool is BlueVoda, and the "Rules" and methods are best detailed in this post.

A Template Header is merely a modular section of a page construct, usually a place where an element is coded to reside, and it is not applicable to attach H-META relationships to a "place" or a "thing."

In an HTML page construct, you must properly format the h-tags within the <BODY></BODY> of the code specifically upon the textual content itself, just as it is done in any other construct format.
    In your site, it is improper to shift h1 formatted text to the Header section of the site, as it is outside the required parameters of a formatting that must be in the <BODY> of the coded page construct only: i.e. (with example showing the order that must be followed) ...
    <HEADER>however your software codes images here-"Dawsonheaderimage.jpg"<br>
    </HEADER>
    <BODY>h1 tagged text here, and unformatted text content following, both within the 'body'<br>
    ...<div>h2 tagged text here, with unformatted text following<br>
    </BODY>

In your page code, you can see how the code is improperly ordered, and the textual Content with h1 tag "orphaned" within the code (this also renders the entire page h-tage code useless), as you have overlapped you Header into the coded start of your COntent, and put your MetaData (keywords, etc.) totally in the wrong order being split in the Header section also. Not to mention that you have TWO h1 TAGS!

Examine your page code carefully, paying close attention to the color-coded referenced "sections" and how they overlap, and how your h-tags are duplicated and in the wrong place and do not have any text Content following them to create context to provide relevancy or emphasis to (and you sure don't want to use H-META applied to a phone number! You'd be better off leaving it completely unformatted, allowing the SE's to pick it up naturally as organic info):

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

<title>Welcome</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="rw_common/themes/urban/styles.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" href="rw_common/themes/urban/print.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="handheld" href="rw_common/themes/urban/handheld.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="rw_common/themes/urban/css/sidebar/sidebar_left.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="rw_common/themes/urban/css/header/buildings_none.css" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="rw_common/themes/urban/javascript.js"></script>
    <p> <center> <h1>Welcome to Dawson Paralegal Services</h1> </center>
    <meta name="description" content="Dawson Paralegal Services provides form preparation,contract writing and provision, writing of Wills and Last Will and Testament">
    <meta name="keywords" content="paralegal services,bankruptcy form preparation,contract writing,contract revising,writing of wills">
    </head>
    <body>
    <div id="container"><!-- Start container -->
    <div id="pageHeader"><!-- Start page header --> ?????
    <div id="buildings"></div>
    <h1>Dawson Paralegal Services (206)-841-8177</h1>
    <h2>Where Service Comes First</h2>
    </div><!-- End page header -->
    <div id="contentContainer"><!-- Start main content wrapper -->
    <div id="content"><!-- Start content -->
    <span style="font:19px Cambria-Bold; font-weight:bold; color:#E6E6E6;font-weight:bold; ">Dawson Paralegal Services<br /></span><span style="font:16px Calibri; color:#E6E6E6;"><br />Since 2009, Dawson Paralegal Services has been one of the most reliable legal support offices in the state of Washington. As a certified paralegal, Scott J. Dawson has helped clients through the tedious and often unnecessarily difficult process of handling important legal matters. Mr. Dawson understands that legal documents and processes often represent stressful periods in his clients&rsquo; lives, and uses that understanding to offer the highest quality of service, ethics, and support. That compassion and attention to detail has helped him make an impact through Seattle and King County. <br />Scott received his certification in 2009, after having resided in Washington state for five years. During that time he&rsquo;s provided freelance paralegal assistance to a number of clients throughout the University District, downtown Seattle, Shoreline, Redmond, and West Seattle. He&rsquo;s excited to have the opportunity to continue to assist the Puget Sound community throughout Seattle and the surrounding area. <br />Please contact the offices of Dawson Paralegal at your soonest convenience. We&rsquo;ve provided a simple contact form for you to reach us night or day. Alternatively, you may call at (206) 841 8177 or </span><span style="font:16px Calibri; color:#E6E6E6;"><a href="mailto:email:info@dawsonparalegal.com" rel="self">email us</a></span><span style="font:16px Calibri; color:#E6E6E6;">.<br /></span><span style="font:19px Cambria-Bold; font-weight:bold; color:#E6E6E6;font-weight:bold; ">Areas of Expertise<br /></span><span style="font:16px Calibri; color:#E6E6E6;"><br />The offices of Dawson Paralegal are experienced in bankruptcy form preparation, the drafting of wills, supporting legal research, creating contracts, legal memos, and legal letters. The expertise that Scott brings to bear in each of his services ensures that clients and attorneys receive faster processing and resolution across a wide variety of legal matters. <br /></span><span style="font:16px Calibri-Bold; font-weight:bold; color:#E6E6E6;font-weight:bold; ">Bankruptcy Form Preparation: </span><span style="font:16px Calibri; color:#E6E6E6;">Whether you are filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection, you&rsquo;ve already undoubtedly noted the difficult volumes of paperwork required to successfully file and complete these processes. Having an experienced paralegal there to assist you is an invaluable asset that helps to relieve the pressure associated with these court filings. Having an experienced paralegal like Mr. Dawson on your side helps to ensure that your paperwork is properly completed, filed in a timely matter, and meets the expectations of the legal system. <br /></span><span style="font:16px Calibri-Bold; font-weight:bold; color:#E6E6E6;font-weight:bold; ">Last Wills and Testaments: </span><span style="font:16px Calibri; color:#E6E6E6;">Addressing the inevitability of our own mortality is often a difficult moment for us as individuals and families. When trying to contemplate the various ins and outs of our estates, assets, and how to ensure that our will is carried out, that experience doesn&rsquo;t usually get easier. Scott&rsquo;s background and knowledge in drawing up the appropriate and necessary documents for sound last wills and testaments ensures the best outcome for you and your family.<br /></span><span style="font:16px Calibri-Bold; font-weight:bold; color:#E6E6E6;font-weight:bold; ">Durable Power of Attorney: </span><span style="font:16px Calibri; color:#E6E6E6;">A power of attorney document allows you to appoint an individual or organization to assist in the handling of your affairs while you may not be able to do so. Whether or not you are incapacitated or simply unable to oversee these affairs on your own, having an appointee with power of attorney ensures that your matters are best cared for. A durable power of attorney is specially written to make your wishes carried out even if you become mentally incompetent. We, at Dawson Paralegal Services, are ready to help draw up the necessary documents for the creation of a &lsquo;durable power of attorney&rsquo;.<br /></span><span style="font:16px Calibri-Bold; font-weight:bold; color:#E6E6E6;font-weight:bold; ">Health Care Directives: </span><span style="font:16px Calibri; color:#E6E6E6;">Health care directives also play an important role in making sure that end of life wishes are properly fulfilled. These forms enable people to prepare for accidents, illness, aging, and challenges to their mental competency well in advance. Health directives state in clear, legal terms, the expectations for your care and the extension of your life. Do not resuscitate orders allow you to request specific limitations to your emergency medical care and protect against painful prolonging of life under difficult circumstances. Having a compassionate and informed paralegal when you create these documents make sure that you&rsquo;re planning is sound and your documentation is able to support your wishes. <br /></span><span style="font:16px Calibri-Bold; font-weight:bold; color:#E6E6E6;font-weight:bold; ">General Contract Creation:</span><span style="font:16px Calibri; color:#E6E6E6;"> As a certified paralegal service in the state of Washington, and having operated throughout Kirkland, Shoreline, and other parts of the greater Seattle metropolitan area, Scott J. Dawson is also able to help you in the creation of various other important general contracts. Whether you&rsquo;re about to get married and want to protect the rights of both parties with a prenuptial agreement, or if you are already married and want to make sure that changing life circumstances are accounted for with a postnuptial agreement, Scott can help. He is also able to assist in the drawing up and creation of antenuptial agreements. His office is also ready to create contracts for terms and conditions, draft privacy statements, assist in other miscellaneous small business contracts, employment agreements, and more. <br />*It is important to note the distinction between a paralegal and an attorney. Paralegals are able to assist in the creation of various legal documents, drafting for different processes, and act in several other vital support roles, but they are not able to provide legal advice. State law requires that all paralegals refrain from offering counsel, advice, and guidance on legal matters. Should you wish to engage someone for those services, you should contact a local law firm or attorney who is a member of the state bar. <br /></span><span style="font:19px Cambria-Bold; font-weight:bold; color:#E6E6E6;font-weight:bold; ">About Scott Joshua Dawson:<br /></span><span style="font:16px Calibri; color:#E6E6E6;"><br />Mr. Dawson received his certification in Paralegal Studies from Boston University in 2009 and is currently pursuing his Associates of Arts and Sciences with Colorado Technical University in Paralegal Studies. Scott has worked for various local attorneys in support of their efforts to better assist clients, businesses, and other individuals who might be in need of legal help. <br />Scott enjoys the many scenic hikes throughout Seattle and the Cascades when he has time away from the office and the challenges of operating a small business. He is a huge Sounders fan, and can usually be caught out and about in South Seattle before the next match. If you happen to see him there, make sure you give him a friendly wave and a smile, and don&rsquo;t bring up work until after the Sounders&rsquo; have won. He is also known to take the time to get out and walk around Greenlake or through the U District (where he lives) if the weather is nice. <br />We look forward to the opportunity to help you soon. Don&rsquo;t hesitate to call, use the contact form provided on this site, or </span><span style="font:16px Calibri; color:#E6E6E6;"><a href="mailto:email:info@dawsonparalegal.com" rel="self">email us</a></span><span style="font:16px Calibri; color:#E6E6E6;">. Thank you. <br /></span>
    </div><!-- End content -->
    <div class="clearer"></div>
    <div id="breadcrumbcontainer"><!-- Start the breadcrumb wrapper -->

</div><!-- End breadcrumb -->
    </div><!-- End main content wrapper -->

<div id="sidebarContainer"><!-- Start Sidebar wrapper -->
    <div id="navcontainer"><!-- Start Navigation -->
    <ul><li><a href="index.html" rel="self" id="current">Welcome</a></li><li><a href="bankruptcy.html" rel="self">Bankruptcy</a></li><li><a href="credit.php" rel="self">Credit Report</a></li><li><a href="wills.php" rel="self">Wills</a></li><li><a href="contact.php" rel="self">Contact Page</a></li><li><a href="sitemap/index.html" rel="self">Site Map</a></li><li><a href="http://shop.dawsonparalegal.com" rel="self">Company Store</a></li></ul>
    <br style="clear: left;" />
    </div><!-- End navigation -->
    <div id="sidebar"><!-- Start sidebar content -->
    <h1 class="sideHeader"></h1><!-- Sidebar header -->
    <!-- sidebar content you enter in the page inspector -->
    <!-- sidebar content such as the blog archive links -->
    </div><!-- End sidebar content -->
    </div><!-- End sidebar wrapper -->

<div class="clearer"></div>

<div id="footer"><!-- Start Footer -->
    <p>&copy; 2011 Scott Joshua Dawson <a href="#" id="rw_email_contact">Contact Me</a><script type="text/javascript">var _rwObsfuscatedHref0 = "mai";var _rwObsfuscatedHref1 = "lto";var _rwObsfuscatedHref2 = ":in";var _rwObsfuscatedHref3 = "fo@";var _rwObsfuscatedHref4 = "daw";var _rwObsfuscatedHref5 = "son";var _rwObsfuscatedHref6 = "par";var _rwObsfuscatedHref7 = "ale";var _rwObsfuscatedHref8 = "gal";var _rwObsfuscatedHref9 = ".co";var _rwObsfuscatedHref10 = "m";var _rwObsfuscatedHref = _rwObsfuscatedHref0+_rwObsfuscatedHref1+_rwObsfusc atedHref2+_rwObsfuscatedHref3+_rwObsfuscatedHref4+ _rwObsfuscatedHref5+_rwObsfuscatedHref6+_rwObsfusc atedHref7+_rwObsfuscatedHref8+_rwObsfuscatedHref9+ _rwObsfuscatedHref10; document.getElementById('rw_email_contact').href = _rwObsfuscatedHref;</script></p>
    </div><!-- End Footer -->

<div id="sideOverlay"></div>
    </div><!-- End container -->
    <!-- Start Google Analytics -->
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var _gaq = _gaq || [];
    _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-15155075-3']);
    _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
    (function() {
    var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
    ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
    var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
    })();
    </script><!-- End Google Analytics -->
    </body>

These being Support Forums primarily for Users of BlueVoda web builder, it is not likely to be the best resource for you to take your avail in finding personal instruction on how to properly format and create a HTML-based website .... you would be better off finding a Community that uses Dreamweaver, for example, to see how they apply H-META to their builds.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: HTML Header as h1 Tag??

@Vasili,

I sure apprieciate your H tag post. I have copied and pasted that in my made pages. I do have an issue however with the h-tags when the page is magnified. I am not sure, but I think it is the same issue when viewing from a lower res setting. Check, http://gowestins.com/medicare-supplement.html

If you scroll down to the content, you will see the h-tags. If the screen is magnified or res is too low, it messes up the structure of the page. I could use some help on this. Thanks!
      Tyler W. West

Medicare Supplement
      West Insurance

I'm swell, thanks for asking...

Comment

Tyler, if you looked carefully at my reply you would see that you errantly created duplicate h1 tags .... and the rest of them are not placed in order or within the proper Page Section ...
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili,

I checked source code and I do not have duplicate h1 tags. I do however see that the h tags are out of order in the <body>. I don't understand that, as the h tags are in order from top to bottom on the page where it is formatted in BV. Can/should I manually adjust the source code in page HTML in BV and have the h tags in the correct order? I followed your directions completely on your "sticky" about h tags. Again, my issue is when the page is magnified or a lower res setting, the h tags (not h1 thought) get out of place on the page.
          Tyler W. West

Medicare Supplement
          West Insurance

I'm swell, thanks for asking...

Comment

Working...
          X